Need Help! HAAS VF3 YEAR 2000 ERROR 103

Thread: HAAS VF3 YEAR 2000 ERROR 103

Downloads
    Uploads

Default HAAS VF3 YEAR 2000 ERROR 103

I CANT SEEM TO FIND WHAT IS CAUSING ERROR 103 X-AXIS OVERLOAD. THE MACHINE WONT HOME X-AXIS WITH POWER UP RESTART SO I TURNED ON JOG WITHOUT ZERO AND WHEN TRYING TO JOG X THE MOTOR JERKS REALLY HARD AND THROWS THE ALARM. I HAVE GONE THROUGH THE TROUBLESHOOTING MANUALS TO CHECK THE MOTOR THE CABLES (POWER AND ENCODER) THE AMPLIFIER THE PARAMETERS EVERYTHING SEEMS TO CHECK OUT. ITS LIKE THE MOTOR SHOULD BE WORKING PROPERLY BUT ITS NOT. DISCONNECTED THE MOTOR AND THE TRUCKS AND BALLSCREWS ARE FINE AND PLENTY OF OIL ON THE RAILS. THE MACHINE WAS WORKING JUST FINE AND SUDDENLY JUST STARTED MALFUNCTIONING WITHOUT ANY REASON. Y AND Z AXIS ARE WORKING PROPERLY SO I TRIED SWAPPING X AND Y AMPLIFIERS BUT MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG BECAUSE ON POWERING UP THE MACHINE THE X MOTOR STARTED TRYING TO MOVE WHEN IT SHOULDNT HAVE. IM VERY CONFUSED ABOUT WHATS CAUSING THIS AND THE MANUALS DONT SAY ANYTHING ELSE SO I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO CHECK. ANY IDEAS?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HAAS VF3 YEAR 2000 ERROR 103

There are yellow and black wires going to the drive cards. There is also a power supply that the yellow and black wires go to. Unplug the big connector on the power supply and plug it back in. Unplug the small ones on the drive cars and plug back in but use the extra ones on the same wire bundle. The small wires power the drive cards. the connectors get tired.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HAAS VF3 YEAR 2000 ERROR 103

if that doesnt work, swap drive cards from Y axis to X axis. see if the problem follows the drive card. If it does its a bad drive card.