Wierd Alarm 179 - 1994 Haas VF2

Thread: Wierd Alarm 179 - 1994 Haas VF2

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Wierd Alarm 179 - 1994 Haas VF2

Can't seem to narrow this one down. I started the machine up after sitting for 4 days, and during the power up/zero procedure the machine stopped and gave me a 179 alarm. No other alarms present. I can reset the alarm and finish zeroing the machine, run the spindle(very briefly at low rpm), and jog the table around. However I can not release the tool in the spindle, orient the spindle, or perform a tool change. I can also not shift it into high gear. I took the top cover off and found that the pump wasn't pumping oil. So I added oil in case it was low, but still encountered the same problem. The coupler between the pump and motor is in good shape. I can spin the pump with the motor off with my finger and it spins easily and I can see fluid moving. The pressure sensor looks pretty new. We've only had this machine for a little over a year.

I figured the motor was bad and the sensor was just kicking on from not seeing pressure, so I just picked up a new one(found a part number on this site of a motor that will work), plugged it in to make sure it works and it wont spin either.
    From what I read, the pump shouldn't start until I turn the spindle on, correct? So how am I getting this alarm on the power up sequence when the spindle isn't turning?

Any ideas what else to look for? I'm currently tracing the wiring to see if the motor is getting power from the back of the machine. I'm hoping its not a board in the rear. Other then that, I'm out of ideas. I'd really love to not have to call my local HFO.

Thanks for the help,
    Will