Need Help! Errors 251 and 212, software error

Thread: Errors 251 and 212, software error

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Errors 251 and 212, software error

Hi all,

Have a strange one here. Was modifying a program today and when I went to run it in simulation I got a couple of errors. The errors were 251 and 212, both of which say "Software error, call dealer." There was nothing wrong with the program and It was just a modification of an existing program. I am unable to delete the program of modify it anymore and the is a little light bulb looking display next to the program number.

I find I can use other programs, it is just that when I select them it takes a few seconds for them to select and I get the error message as above and have to clear it. But, then I can run and edit etc.

Powering down and back up is no help, I get the "System Error" message as soon as it comes on.

Anyone seen this before or know how to fix?

I have backed up all of my programs and such and was thinking about deleting all programs and trying to reload, but with my luck it will still be there and maybe it would not take the programs again.

Thanks---Mike

Similar Threads:
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Errors 251 and 212, software error

Okay, why are my posts always the ones no one knows anything about!

Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pretty sure it's just a corrupted program. You will need to make sure setting 23 O9xxx lock is off.
    Then delete all programs as you mentioned then reload.

Good luck!

Downloads
    Uploads

I was hoping you might chime in. I think I will try it then. Much thanks.

Mikw

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, I was hoping that would work, but alas, "NO." I tried to erase all, but it erased all the higher numbered programs and left that bad program and all programs with a lower numbers. I erased all the other programs one at a time (63 of them), but the bad one would not erase no mater what. I checked and I can load programs to the machine, so no damage done as I can reload them.

I finally called Haas and the guy said that it may have to be flashed and all software and parameters reloaded. I asked him if there was a way to force the deletion of that program and it sounded like he might know a way, but was not allowed to tell me and even suggested I check here on this forum for a possible answer. So, if anyone knows a way, please let me know. This particular machine is a 1998 and is running software 9.30F and takes Oxxxx programs and my other is a 1997 with software 9.63N and it takes Oxxxxx programs. If I could upgrade the first machine to match and get the 9.63N software it might be worth having the tech come, but if all I can do is delete one program it may not be worth it.

So, anyone know how to delete that one program and then reload?

Thanks---Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Good News Everyone! Planet Express is back in business!

On a whim, as per Haastec, I pulled up the O9xxx programs. It only had two so I checked them out and one was O9999 and it was Quick code which I never use and another was program O9000. Upon opening the O9000 program the first thing I noticed was that it had two program numbers, O9000 and O2016. Tried to run the program as it seemed to be a regular part program and even had a part number with rev in it. It would not run because of multiple codes of course, so I deleted the O2016 program name and tried to run it again, Turned out is was just an old part program from a previous owner. I deleted it and then saved to O9999 quick code program and then deleted the O9000 part program. Once deleted the old part program I tried to erase all and it worked just fine.

I reloaded all my programs and all was solved. Not sure why all of a sudden that old program started to cause problems, but it did. It was likely the corrupted program.

Thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    Good News Everyone! Planet Express is back in business!

On a whim, as per Haastec, I pulled up the O9xxx programs. It only had two so I checked them out and one was O9999 and it was Quick code which I never use and another was program O9000. Upon opening the O9000 program the first thing I noticed was that it had two program numbers, O9000 and O2016. Tried to run the program as it seemed to be a regular part program and even had a part number with rev in it. It would not run because of multiple codes of course, so I deleted the O2016 program name and tried to run it again, Turned out is was just an old part program from a previous owner. I deleted it and then saved to O9999 quick code program and then deleted the O9000 part program. Once deleted the old part program I tried to erase all and it worked just fine.

I reloaded all my programs and all was solved. Not sure why all of a sudden that old program started to cause problems, but it did. It was likely the corrupted program.

Thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
    Glad you got it sorted out! Strange why the erase all still would not work. Did you have the 9000 series unlocked (visible in list programs) when attempting to erase all?

Also, I am not sure what the tech you talked to was eluding to about another way to get rid of the single program. Only ways I know of are to erase all or flash the memory.

Last edited by haastec; 07-16-2018 at 08:42 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Machineit, PM sent.

Downloads
    Uploads

No, at first I did not have O9000's unlocked until I brought it up to find that program. I guess I was not paying enough attention!

I have a very similar issue with my other machine about 3 years ago and deleted all and fix it, but I did not unlock those programs then so didn't think of it this time.

Thanks for your help, you are the best.

Mike