Haas smm2 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haas smm2

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Haas smm2

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawtaz View Post
    In all due respect, you really need to stop talking about things you know nothing about. I have seen posts from you twice in the last day where you have been dead wrong like trying to tell me a MM has a cast base.

I dont care what your personal machine has done. You have no idea what my experience is. I keep it close without diverging much but lets just say that I have been inside of every type of machine Haas has made since the original plastic fantastics.
    I have 2 that have the cast-iron base and one that has the fabricated steel base there is a big difference, this base was on the very first Minimill 2 that they made in 2008, and was the only reason I brought them, they where first a IMTS and that is where I brought them

We have a good idea of what your experience is, if you know these machines, you would of known how to solve the problem, and would of posted with more knowledge on the subject, what you have posted has nothing to do with this problem which has always been there with these machines

If he does not have the High speed machining module turned on, this to can help with what he is experiencing also

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    I have 2 that have the cast-iron base and one that has the fabricated steel base there is a big difference, this base was on the very first Minimill 2 that they made in 2008, and was the only reason I brought them, they where first a IMTS and that is where I brought them

We have a good idea of what your experience is, if you know these machines, you would of known how to solve the problem, and would of posted with more knowledge on the subject, what you have posted has nothing to do with this problem which has always been there with these machines

If he does not have the High speed machining module turned on, this to can help with what he is experiencing also
    I will give you this, you don't give up. Even when you're wrong, you always have to have the last word (like the low speed 80mm spindle).

I would bow to your great knowledge on Haas machines. If only for one reason... Oh yeah, now I remember! I've been doing actual SERVICE work on Haas' since before you even bought your MMs.

If someone buys a machine to fit a certain performance envelope, you fix it until it does. You don't just reduce rapids or bolt it to the floor or whatever.

BTW - Turning on HSM will only help with finish if there aren't other problems at play. Mostly in faceted finishes in arcs

Downloads
    Uploads

I will give you this, you don't give up. Even when you're wrong, you always have to have the last word (like the low speed 80mm spindle).

I would bow to your great knowledge on Haas machines. If only for one reason... Oh yeah, now I remember! I've been doing actual SERVICE work on Haas' since before you even bought your MMs.

If someone buys a machine to fit a certain performance envelope, you fix it until it does. You don't just reduce rapids or bolt it to the floor or whatever.

BTW - Turning on HSM will only help with finish if there aren't other problems at play. Mostly in faceted finishes in arcs
    I was not wrong with the low speed spindle, do some more reading, this post is about a Haas machine, if you know something about these spindles please comment in the right place

When someone pretends to be a Haas serve guy, it's not hard to see, where you are coming from, as you did not even call the electrical parts you where saying to check by there right name, probably all that's in your tool box is a big hammer, a Haas fixer

" HSM " again you show you don't know what you are taking about, the HSM smooth's out the machines movement any Haas tec will tell you this, and it does a fare job not perfect but a big improvement

I would say there is a lot more going on with the running of this machine that the owner is not saying 6 months and only just starting to talk about it

I don't believe that the base is flexing, I think when he did this test the machine moved, which would make his indicator move, the plates are all bowed from the welding, so there would not be anywhere true to put and indicator to check it

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    I was not wrong with the low speed spindle, do some more reading, this post is about a Haas machine, if you know something about these spindles please comment in the right place

When someone pretends to be a Haas serve guy, it's not hard to see, where you are coming from, as you did not even call the electrical parts you where saying to check by there right name, probably all that's in your tool box is a big hammer, a Haas fixer

" HSM " again you show you don't know what you are taking about, the HSM smooth's out the machines movement any Haas tec will tell you this, and it does a fare job not perfect but a big improvement

I would say there is a lot more going on with the running of this machine that the owner is not saying 6 months and only just starting to talk about it

I don't believe that the base is flexing, I think when he did this test the machine moved, which would make his indicator move, the plates are all bowed from the welding, so there would not be anywhere true to put and indicator to check it
    Like I said before, you are one of those people that is always right and always has to have the last word (as evidenced by this post). I will never claim that I am an applications person or able to make a better program. I know my limitations, thats why I ask questions about software to other people on this forum.

I will leave it to the OP to determine if my experience with the factory and at the factory rate better than an owner/operator such as yourself. Otherwise, I am done with you... Im already wasted too much of my life replying to you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was just looking some opinions on the smm2, really to see if anyone else had similar problems. Yes it has been 6 months and I am at the end of my tether.
    The base is definitely flexing, as I said I have a clock on it and when the machine is in operation the clock is moving.
    I have been offered a vf2 as a replacement at my cost, but I don’t believe the machine is suited to my needs.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have seen a number of machines that have done the same thing, not just MM. I have seen it all the way up to the VR-11. Unfortunately, there is no common cause that I can recall or that stands out in my memory.

IMHO, I dont think they (the HFO) have done enough for you. There are still a large number of things that can be adjusted on the machine that can improve it.

Keep on them and keep letting them know that you are unsatisfied with the machine. Good luck with it.

Downloads
    Uploads

I will leave it to the OP to determine if my experience with the factory and at the factory rate better than an owner/operator such as yourself.
    You would not get your foot in the door, of either of my operations, you don't talk the right language, to have any impact to anyone in need of machine repair, if you don't know machine control software then you would not be able to help most, and machines like this that need mechanical repair, anyone that is in this industry can do there own repairs, as you will see on here most do, replacing parts anyone can do, these machines are very basic

This is where you miss the boat, I'm not just a normal owner/operator

We build machines from the ground up, use the same servos, as what Haas uses Yaskawa, we do one better and use the Yaskawa servo Drives as well, which Haas use there own home grown Servo Drive, and is where most of there problems are
    this is never going to change, there control is very good, and up with the best of them, they have always failed in this one area, machines smoothness, hopefully with the New Gen controller they will get this sorted out, and the OP will be a happy camper

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

mine is the new gen control

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    I was just looking some opinions on the smm2, really to see if anyone else had similar problems. Yes it has been 6 months and I am at the end of my tether.
    The base is definitely flexing, as I said I have a clock on it and when the machine is in operation the clock is moving.
    I have been offered a vf2 as a replacement at my cost, but I don’t believe the machine is suited to my needs.
    The clock is moving because the machine is moving, there is no true surface you could put the clock on to get an accurate reading on the base

Are the locking nuts locked on the adjusters on the feet, do you have the machine down as low as it can be, to the floor if it is up near the max on the adjustment then that would not be good, lower it right down level it, this needs to be perfect, (with a precision machine level) and lock the locking nuts, then check the level again

Is the concrete floor at least 6" thick

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

the machine is as low as it will sit, the concrete floor is 6inches plus and is reinforced.
    the clock is sitting on a steel plate on the floor beside the machine, indicating of a bottom edge of the fabricated base. positioned between the front and rear feet.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    the machine is as low as it will sit, the concrete floor is 6inches plus and is reinforced.
    the clock is sitting on a steel plate on the floor beside the machine, indicating of a bottom edge of the fabricated base. positioned between the front and rear feet.
    I will try the same set up on mine, but I think that the edges are to rough, that any movement of the machine would show up on the clock, that front plate would take many tons of force to flex it

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

its the side plate thats flexing not the front one. its flexing at the access to the coolant tank

Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe I missed it in this thread, but rapids really don't make a machine shake, it's your Accel/decel params that make the most difference along with some other obscure params.

Downloads
    Uploads

@Hellfire,

Did you end up fixing your SMM2 vibration problem? I have the exact same issue?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12