Need Help! Air pressure Defiance of Physics

Thread: Air pressure Defiance of Physics

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Air pressure Defiance of Physics

Runing A 2 year old VF2 SS, in the room we also have a 2009 TM1-P and a 2009 SL10 Lathe.
    While the machine is running, the air pressure drops low enough to set off the red light and stop the machine.
    we noticed that in this situation, the air pressure can be brought back up by pressing the air gun. by blowing air on the floor we can INCREASE the air pressure in the machine.
    So we have checked the little dial in the back side cabinet, and it mirrors the pressure sensor feedback.
    Basically, you can go from 5 bar, UP to 6 Bar by letting air out?????

This morning, it seems cronic, cant get the machine to work, so further observations are:
    As soon as we get the spindle to spin, the air pressure plumits. approx 1 second, to drop from 6bar to 4.7bar
    stop the spindle, air loss stops. but doesnt regain, press the Estop, air pressure climbs back to 6bar without a problem. in fractions of a second.

Both the TM1P and the SL10 Work fine. No problems at all.
    on the same air line.

Help please.
    Im still walking funny from the HAAS rep 4 days ago fixing the SL10 with a ludicrus fee for the I/O Board.
    i cant afford to run these machines at this rate. Looking for help from the public...

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Air pressure Defiance of Physics

What kind of a compressor do you have? A modern compressor with electronic control could be set to raise the line pressure slightly as consumption increases.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Air pressure Defiance of Physics

since your compressor has no problem supplying the other two machines

I would clean and inspect the pressure regulator and pneumatic valves on the VF2 SS
    I suspect a valve is sticking and only opening when there is a large change in the pressure differential

20 odd years ago I was asked to look a machine as" I knew about logic" (day job electronic TTL & CMOS logic )

that afternoon was a crash course in pneumatics
    stripping several valves down , cleaning & replacing some rubber seals (o-rings etc) solved the problem

the problem was due to water in the airline mixing with the lubrication oil added to the air and producing a thick emulsion like salad cream

if i remember correctly the compressor was set to 100psi and regulated to 80 psi at each machine with additional regulators for a pneumatic bar carrier set to about 10 psi or so

if the same pressure regulator & air lubricator has been used on the other machines you could test the ones on the VFD22 by substitution

John