Need Help! VF2 SS LIST PROG Button freezing machine

Thread: VF2 SS LIST PROG Button freezing machine

Downloads
    Uploads

Default VF2 SS LIST PROG Button freezing machine

I have a 2009 VF2 SS I have recently encountered a problem with the Network loading of programs into the Control.
    When I press the LIST PROG button to load a program, I should be able to choose whether to use network, USB, Hard Drive or FLOPPY. But as soon as I press the LIST PROG button the machine freezes.
    See pictures attached.
    Seems like the SOURCE and DESTINATION are blocking the system, as even when I switch the machine off and the pc off, unplug the network cable and restart the HAASVF2, the network is still blocked .
    PLEASE HELP

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VF2 SS LIST PROG Button freezing machine-list_prog_button_-jpg   VF2 SS LIST PROG Button freezing machine-source_and_destination-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VF2 SS LIST PROG Button freezing machine

What software is on the machine? There was a problem with some software around that time that caused it lock up like that.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawtaz View Post
    What software is on the machine? There was a problem with some software around that time that caused it lock up like that.
    Hi, thanks for reply. The version of software presently on the controller is M14.05B MOCON 12.06

Downloads
    Uploads

The HAAS VF2SS I have is working and I'm able to run any and all the programs already loaded into the memory.
    As long as I don't need to load a NEW program then this HAAS will keep running without issues.

I had a similar issue ( in the old records ) in 2010 when HAAS Technicians came to my workshop and got the machine working again.
    They just cleared the BBU Memory and that solved the problem.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by AJDK View Post
    The HAAS VF2SS I have is working and I'm able to run any and all the programs already loaded into the memory.
    As long as I don't need to load a NEW program then this HAAS will keep running without issues.

I had a similar issue ( in the old records ) in 2010 when HAAS Technicians came to my workshop and got the machine working again.
    They just cleared the BBU Memory and that solved the problem.
    What AJDK said... It was a problem with the ethernet boards that came with the machines what had 14 series software. You could clear the memory and make it work. If that didnt work, you had to change out the network board. I will look and see if I still have some notes on it. Its been a lot of years since the last time I had to fix that problem...

Downloads
    Uploads

So, I looked it up, and yes, the BBU dump was the first fix. Second was a ethernet software upgrade, and finally, replace the network card.

If you are not exactly sure of what you are doing, I wouldnt suggest messing with any of the software or memory things. You can accidentally dump everything and then you need a tech to come and reinstall the software. BUT... (I didnt make a note about this) I THINK you can disconnect the power to the network card and connect the USB cable directly to processor as a work around. You lose network capabilities but you fix the program loading problems. One caveat, this is a memory stuck in the back of my head from about 6 or 7 years ago, Im not sure how accurate it is... (And ive suffered a pretty bad concussion since then so who knows if its correct LOL)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawtaz View Post
    So, I looked it up, and yes, the BBU dump was the first fix. Second was a ethernet software upgrade, and finally, replace the network card.

If you are not exactly sure of what you are doing, I wouldnt suggest messing with any of the software or memory things. You can accidentally dump everything and then you need a tech to come and reinstall the software. BUT... (I didnt make a note about this) I THINK you can disconnect the power to the network card and connect the USB cable directly to processor as a work around. You lose network capabilities but you fix the program loading problems. One caveat, this is a memory stuck in the back of my head from about 6 or 7 years ago, Im not sure how accurate it is... (And ive suffered a pretty bad concussion since then so who knows if its correct LOL)
    Thanks for your help. I will have to try that suggestion about plugging the USB directly into the processor. 1st though, locating or identifying the Processor would be top of my list. Have you got hints.
    I have already attempted to separate the three layered Board Unit in the back of the machine where the Memory Hard Drive and Network Card is located, But the Top Board has many connectors and Cables attached, and while trying to separate it, it felt like I was going to break something if I tried to harder. The Network Cable looks like it connects somewhere onto the Center Board of the Three Layers. I can also see the Memory Hard Drive on the same Board where the USB cable from the Control Panel connects into.

I think this is where your suggestion of disconnecting the Network card would be necessary and then I can Load directly into the Memory or the Hard Drive with the USB Port.

Downloads
    Uploads

The processor will be the bottom card in that stack (farthest back). If you look at upper left side or the lower right (USUALLY, depending how the board is oriented) you will see the processor USB port. Its a double port that is in what looks like a stainless box about 0.75 inch square. It doesnt matter which port you plug it into, they both work.

Then you want to unplug the power wires to the network card. This is a 4 wire cable that has red, black and yellow with a white (usually) plug.

The problem with this work around is that you lose the ability to use the network and access the harddrive. Everything will have to be put into the processor memory and transferred by a USB stick.

I broke my laptop that has all my software on it. Once I get it taken apart and patch the hard drive into my new computer, I will see if I can get you a patch or exact instructions to do the real fixes

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi. Got the Haas Tech to come out. After trying a couple of things, like changing the Keypad( as the Single Block button was switching the coolant on and Memory button was not working) , disconnecting the Network card, then the Hard drive , then the USB - all these had no effect. Finally he cleared the BBU memory and reloaded Parameters and updated software--- all was then OK. Every thing working.
    Thank goodness I didn't need to upgrade the whole machine to latest Control Panel and Network system with new Processor Board, Network Card and Motor control Board, as that was gonna cost R300 000 +.
    Final cost just above R12 000.

Thanks for all your efforts.
    Alan

Downloads
    Uploads

List program button freezing HAAS VF2 again in 2021.
    This has been so frustrating. Called HAAS Tech, then was told again that a Retrofit to a New Controller and software is the ONLY fix. R300 000.
    Machine stood for a long time just wasting space in the workshop.
    Got a local Tech to come check, and during his investigations he found an RS232 file transfer option. He used his laptop to send programs from HAAS tp Laptop and then send program back through MDI mode to run in Drip Feed .
    I didn't have to have the machine idle at all. WHY did HAAS not use this FIX in the beginning?????
    Stay away from HAAS machines with the Version 14 software.

Anyway. All happy now.
    Thanks
    Alan