Issues calibrating OTS and OMP40

Thread: Issues calibrating OTS and OMP40

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Issues calibrating OTS and OMP40

I'm finally setting up the probe that came with our 2013 DT1 and am having some issues getting both probes to calibrate. Using the IPS calibration screen, I set the calibration bar Z,X,and Y, then select the correct tool number and offset, as well as diameter of the calibration bar. When I press cycle start to auto calibrate, the calibration bar doesn't move in any axis, although it runs the 09376 macro, then says calibration is complete...even though it's obviously not.

WTH?

Steps taken thus far include:

-New batteries
    -indicated in/adjusted the OMP stylus and OTS disk
    -Both probes test correctly flashing the appropriate lights to the OMI
    -cleared macros
    -reinstalled 9000 program macros

I've been on the phone for the past two days with tech, and can't seem to make any real progress.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Cornfed

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Issues calibrating OTS and OMP40

Have you tried using the VQC "calibration" method instead of the IPS method? For reference, the VQC methods will create a G65 P9023 ...
    Personally I find it to be easier, though it doesn't speak to your specific issue...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't, but I'll try that next. Thanks Ydna

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm back at it after a much needed 'vaca'.

Big progress here using the VQC...the tool has moved...but this doesn't get me anywhere.

In the VQC menu, I entered the gage length of the tool, the diameter and the side with which the table probe is on. Interestingly enough, when a decimal isn't placed after the 2, it won't output it to MDI...whatever.

With the program in MDI, a cycle start finally gives me some motion. The tool sits above the OTS, spins a quick 90 degrees twice, then moves up in the Z to a tool change position and stops. The OTS and OMP then go through a sequence of the OMI sending a start signal, the OTS sending a green flash, then the OMI responding with a flash of green in the 3 and 5 positions. They appear to be communicating fine. This is the end of the 'OTS calibration'.

It's good that things aren't entirely motionless, but this still doesn't get me a proper calibration. No X,Y, or Z moves touching of the OTS.

Any other ideas?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great news!!

I uploaded a different set of Macros and the calibration is now working...what a relief! Not sure what happened to the ones we had on file. Thanks everyone.