Need Help! Z axis servo error too large 105 new vector drive

Thread: Z axis servo error too large 105 new vector drive

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Z axis servo error too large 105 new vector drive

Hello All: new poster long time reader I acquired a 2002 haas vf-2B serial # 28899 with descent hrs for the year . I have this hooked up to a 40 HP American rotary ph convertor , all three legs are close 245v,246v, and 249 on manufactured leg. as soon as I received the machine I could not get the head too come off shipping bracket tried several times to no avail in which I finished off my vector drive , sent it out to Precision Zone too get fixed then discovered my z axis servo drive was fried blew a cap leg off on inside of drive so I sent all drives out P.Zone too get repairs got them back fired up machine hit reset and restart got 105 Z axis error too large , backtrack I ended up manually removing shipping bracket . my machine has the servo brake i AM getting 24 volts too board had a electronics friend rebuild brake PCB board not much to IT .tried disabling without zero return no luck moving z axis , the spindle is is like 4.5 inches from table , at this point I think im up against lower hard stop if there is one , I dont want to keep trying and blow my drives again have checked the basics DC voltage and such LVPS , Im about ready too call my HFO in but i really don't want too any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance .

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Z axis servo error too large 105 new vector drive

Are you familiar with how the controls work?

Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am a newbie to cnc but i have learned some moves from talking to friends in the Industry and Haas tech thanks for your response. I have tried several different ways to move the z axis with manual moves , to no avail

Downloads
    Uploads

Okay. You will have to get familiar with the controls to move things around.

- - - Updated - - -

Jog control button is a good place to start.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

With the machine off, reach around and turn the ballscrew by hand and see if is free. You could also move it up that way.

While costly, I personally would probably call in a tech, you’ll learn enough to be worth it.

Post your rough location, you really need a few hours with someone. While you can learn it yourself, education isn’t free on cncs.

Postswithoutpuncuationandseparationarekindofhardto followeasily.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I agree I'm a Millwright by trade and take classes at night so very busy I've been welding and fabin all my life cnc is another metal working avenue for me, I appreciate the response I will be taking some cad/cam classes soon until then I'M gonna call HFO just to get it going paying attention along the way I will check ball screw thanks.