Need Help! Spindle motor drive gear source

Thread: Spindle motor drive gear source

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Spindle motor drive gear source

Anyone know where i can buy this gear? Part # 20-9125A is what i was told the part # is by Haas.

I need to get a new drive gear for the spindle motor on an old '98 HS-1 20hp machine. Called Haas and they want me to buy a new transmission with a new motor already in it. I can not spend a ridiculous amount of $$ on a bunch of brand new parts i dont need all because they will not sell me the $300 gear i need. Their service is getting worse every year. This is ridiculous.

As a last resort i guess i can make a new gear. I do run a machine shop after all. Id just rather spend a little $$ to save some time and headache.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle motor drive gear source

Can you match it up with something from Boston Gear?

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

If you have the specs, we could Hob one for you. Is there enough of the old one to get the data from?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GITRDUN View Post
    Anyone know where i can buy this gear? Part # 20-9125A is what i was told the part # is by Haas.

I need to get a new drive gear for the spindle motor on an old '98 HS-1 20hp machine. Called Haas and they want me to buy a new transmission with a new motor already in it. I can not spend a ridiculous amount of $$ on a bunch of brand new parts i dont need all because they will not sell me the $300 gear i need. Their service is getting worse every year. This is ridiculous.

As a last resort i guess i can make a new gear. I do run a machine shop after all. Id just rather spend a little $$ to save some time and headache.
    To add insult to injury, I think the HFO has to install the unit, if you install the unit the warranty is void.

Downloads
    Uploads

I modeled the origional and with a little fancy programming we made one from some 4140 and put it all back together. Got back up and running in short order. Still running fine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Good for you

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA