Haas 2003 VF2 - couple of questions

Thread: Haas 2003 VF2 - couple of questions

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Haas 2003 VF2 - couple of questions

Hi guys,
    I'm from Australia where decent second hand VMC's don't often come up but there just happens to be a Haas VF2 2003 model for sale very close to where I live. I've just got a couple of questions about this model for anybody in the know:

1. Is there any difference between the Haas Controller on a 2003 model to a later model Vf2 that would cause me any hassles with using Fusion 360 CAM etc.
    2. Is the controller likely to be simultaneous 4th axis capable without any driver modifications etc (ie: would I just be able to plug in the 4th axis hardware to run a 4th axis)?
    3. Anything else to look out for?

Thanks in advance.

JB

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Haas 2003 VF2 - couple of questions

Quote Originally Posted by 4140HT View Post
    Hi guys,
    I'm from Australia where decent second hand VMC's don't often come up but there just happens to be a Haas VF2 2003 model for sale very close to where I live. I've just got a couple of questions about this model for anybody in the know:

1. Is there any difference between the Haas Controller on a 2003 model to a later model Vf2 that would cause me any hassles with using Fusion 360 CAM etc.
    2. Is the controller likely to be simultaneous 4th axis capable without any driver modifications etc (ie: would I just be able to plug in the 4th axis hardware to run a 4th axis)?
    3. Anything else to look out for?

Thanks in advance.

JB
    The controller will make no difference, as the code is all the same. Inside the cabinet there should be a build sticker or paper that will show if it is wired for the 4th, plus there will be an extra drive. Just check to see if it is pre-wired for a 4th axis and you will be able to fully control the rotary table or whatever you hook to it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Haas 2003 VF2 - couple of questions-sheet-jpg   Haas 2003 VF2 - couple of questions-drives-jpg  
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Haas 2003 VF2 - couple of questions

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    The controller will make no difference, as the code is all the same. Inside the cabinet there should be a build sticker or paper that will show if it is wired for the 4th, plus there will be an extra drive. Just check to see if it is pre-wired for a 4th axis and you will be able to fully control the rotary table or whatever you hook to it.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Owner claims that the machine has only done 10Hrs a week in the advert. Mustering up the courage to go and have a look at it but will need to take somebody with me that knows their stuff as I am a CNC Newbie.
    A new machine with lesser specs over here will start at double the price but there's probably some peace of mind regarding parts warranty and a little after sales service to get me up and running.
    Cheers.