"HACKING" the optional functions on the Haas control?

Thread: "HACKING" the optional functions on the Haas control?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default "HACKING" the optional functions on the Haas control?

Has anyone been able to guess the code for permenantly turning on the optional functions like rigid tapping on a Haas control?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

It is not a constant code so you cannot guess 'the' code. When you buy different machines with the same options the turn-on code is different.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It was my understanding that it is a 5 digit code that is constant to the particular machine but like you said, different for every individual machine. I was wondering if anyone ever was able to do it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by AMCTony View Post
    ... a 5 digit code...
    I suppose you could try entering all 99,999 variations on a five digit code. Although if I had written the machine code I would make it lock up after a number of wrong attempts so I don't recommend that. I think I will stick to gritting my teeth and paying the sometimes exorbitant (in my opinion) price for the options.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Haas learned well from Fanuc on how to generate profit from selling parameters and/or codes to make stuff work.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by NC Cams View Post
    Haas learned well from Fanuc on how to generate profit from selling parameters and/or codes to make stuff work.
    Yes, I just orded a VF2, base price a few dollars less than $48,000; price after I include the options I need almost $66,000.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

One of the Haas techs told me that I am welcome to try to guess it, maybe I will get lucky. Did try around 150 different codes, no luck yet. Reminds me of a slot machine

Downloads
    Uploads

It was my understanding that it is a 5 digit code that is constant to the particular machine but like you said, different for every individual machine. I was wondering if anyone ever was able to do it.
    Honestly it isn't worth the hassle of a "Machine Lockup" to save a few thousand dollars. I'm with the others on this one. Grin and bare the expense of paying for it.

I have many people ask me this in my line of work and they get very upset when I tell them "No"!!! You call Fanuc, HAAS, or Yasnac and pay for it, then have them call me.

Would you want people steeling from you?

Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am forced to agree with you toby. Not to mention the 50 to 60 hours of punching in numbers for an option that cost $1000.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am forced to agree with you toby. Not to mention the 50 to 60 hours of punching in numbers for an option that cost $1000.
    Look on the bright side, the numbers you pay for will work with little or no effort at all. Plus the added benifit of a Machine Producing parts.

Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Has anyone been able to guess the code for permenantly turning on the optional functions like rigid tapping on a Haas control?
    rigid tapping is not an option on Haas, all the Haases we bought rigid tapping was standard equip. i think your salesman is screwing with you

take a look at parameter #57 the rigid tap function is located there

If you can ENVISION it I can make it

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cnc-king View Post
    rigid tapping is not an option on Haas, all the Haases we bought rigid tapping was standard equip. i think your salesman is screwing with you

take a look at parameter #57 the rigid tap function is located there
    Thanks, I forgot about that. It is advertised on there site as being standard. Sorry AMCTony for the misinformation. Actually I should have rememberd this since last weeks Job was with HAAS VF-2's.

Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default rigid tapping and other options

different options are standard on different machines.
    Rigid tapping is not standard on TM's or MiniMills.
    All programmable options have 200 hours of free trials which is a lot in my opinion since it is 200 hours of actual use of the feature.
    I must admit that I was a little peeved at paying for some of the options but now that I have had the machine for several months I feel like it is an awesome machine for the money.
    The problem is that some of the options you don't really know if you need them till you've used the machine for a couple of months.
    joe V.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This Machine is a TM-1 and rigid tapping was an option.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I bought the machine new in 2004 and figured that I would turn the rigid tapping on and off until the hours were used. I am just ticked because it waited till a weekend to turn off when I can do nothing about it until monday.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

the number is counted by a haas serial number and the option, maybe if we get as many as we hava serial numbers and codes , maybe we can get the calculation needet to calculate the rigth code ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Warranty is in question

If something breaks and they fix your machine with a code that was not paid for or registered to your machine, they can legally refuse to give you warranty. On equipment worth 100K it just is not worth it.

Stay clean, grind your teeth and pay.

I have 5 Haas machines in my shop and I know it is maddening to see what they cash in while Deckel mills came with everything as long as you had bought the board in the beginning. But this is just the way it is!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: "HACKING" the optional functions on the Haas control?

I have reinstalled a lot of Haas operating systems after the batteries went dead. Once paid for the option codes never change, as you can call the HFO give them your s/n and they will give you the option codes. those codes should also work the next time the OS need reinstalled.

I have seen and ex haas tech reinstall the os on a CHC machine, and he left the serial numbers as all zeros and I don't know what else he did, but ALL the options were unlocked !! A few weeks later we had an operator that was just barely smart enough to be dangerous change the S/N to the one printed on the data plate and all was lost. In the end I reinstalled the os when I got back from vacation then called the HFO and got the option codes we paid for. I do know that you need to do more than set the s/n to all zeros though. I don't think option codes expire, but a quick call to the HFO will net you an email for all of the paid option codes in your machine, that is very handy to have when reinstalling the OS. For the record I am just sharing an experience, and not advocating that anyone attempt to hack their machine or steal someone elses intellectual property.