Removing Motor and Transmission From VF-2! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Removing Motor and Transmission From VF-2!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    I thought I would post a quick follow-up to this thread.

In one post I mentioned that I was glad that I caught it before I started breaking taps. Well, it turned out that I had been for some time. I do thousands of 8-32 taping cycles and once in a while I rare while I broke one in stainless steel while going fairly deep. I had also gotten holes with what I would describe as rough threads, not smooth.

I just noticed that I have not had that problem since and have not broken a single tap since that belt and pulley change on the encoder. Seems that it was skipping a tooth or so on the reversing of the tap. That also caused the rough threads as it was slightly off on the retract even if it did not break.

Just thought I would let those who may be experiencing the same thing, with the older machine with the encode mounted inside the spindle housing, know that that may be the issue.

Cheers---Mike
    Thanks for the follow up. Glad it has been working good for you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Removing Motor and Transmission From VF-2!

Mike, 6 years later! My 98 VF2 did the exact scenario. Pump coupler failed,crumbling hose, have to do same thing. Your post helped. Does the tank lift up attached to the bottom of the transmission? Can you attach a new hose without more disasembly?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Removing Motor and Transmission From VF-2!

Truth is I don't remember. It has been a long while. I am thinking I spliced into the hose, but not sure.

Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12