Problem 97 VF3 hardly works....

Thread: 97 VF3 hardly works....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 97 VF3 hardly works....

Please help if you have any ideas or have had similar problems. There is a problem that shows several alarms - NO INTEREPT - Y AXIS PHASING - Z AXIS OVERHEAT. I`ve had the power supply changed 3 times. Fan changed . My service guy is at the shop 4-5 days a week . Works well for 1-3 days then nothing. Upon rebooting the screen freezes, cursor flashes in middle of screen or NO INTEREPT alarm and control freezes. Not sure what else to do - main board or .... any help would be great. PLEASE HELLLLLLP.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

If the power supply has been changed 3 times... why? Was it verified bad when it was changed before? I would do a voltage test and be sure your getting the correct voltages on the low voltage supply. Should be +5, +12, -12 and a good ground. I would say if the others were actually failing that fast then its a good chance who ever worked on it did not find the problem that was causing them to fail. Your new supply might be bad now again as a result. Three supplies going bad that fast... I would start looking for another issue causing it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Also whats the power like coming into the machine? The number one killer of a switch mode power supply is a dip in power or brownout. If your wiring isn't sufficient or a marginal connection you could experience this causing a blown power supply.