Tool Release Button,

Thread: Tool Release Button,

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tool Release Button,

I knew when I saw it that it would someday bite me and it just did. So now I have a nice gouge on my table

This is the tool release button on the Z axis and not the one on the control. Anyway, for those of you that have these buttons and do not want the same experience as mine I found a very nice solution, go to most any gun shops and ask for a number 01 Objective flip up scope lens cover by Butler Creek. This is a perfect fit over the tool release button and has a spring-loaded flip up that quickly allows access. Even if left up one has to deliberately put your thumb or finger in to push. This should eliminate any accidental tool release.

Ken

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Never had that one happen....yet.
    We taken the door off the tracks a couple times.
    Different people too.
    Don't forget your vise handle during zrortn

The problem here, is a vise that has a huge amount of open and close room. ("Dapra" 6" - 5 Ton) It could be fine for days.....but then comes the block that crosses the line. Then it's still fine while running all day long. Lots of people leave the handle in just for the time it takes to change parts, then remove it and run. a habbit forms to leave it in when you finish the last part of the day.
    If ya don't see it through the morning fog and return all axis......
    it makes for a bad start to your day

"The source of expertise is not in the memorization of the minute details of a subject but in the thorough understanding of the fundamental concepts on which it is based." --author unknown

Downloads
    Uploads

Ouch!

You accidently hit the one on the spindle? How?

That sucker's way outta the way..

NEWay, you can disable the one on the controller via parameters. Not sure which one right now, if you need, I'll look in the a.m.

'Rekd

Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default How?

I was pre-warned on the vise handle as well as came dang close to messing things up when I failed to heed that warning, anyway that is one lesson not now forgot.

Rekd, I just kinda put my hand there to look at the cutter and woosh, bang, clunk, clunk and the rest is history.

The controller release was the first thing I asked the set up guy to disable, there is no reason now for that button to even be there since they now put one on the head.

Now if I can just learn to quit stoping the spindle with my hand