New Here and have a couple of ??

Thread: New Here and have a couple of ??

Downloads
    Uploads

Question New Here and have a couple of ??

I have a 94 VF3 that i recently puchased for my home shop. There are a couple of things that I can't quite get to the bottom of.
    1.) When calling a macro with setting 75 on the machine refuses to go into single block mode. I am trying to get the machine to keep the spindle running at the end of a program to save time at the start of the next cyle.

2.) Along the same lines as a number 1 I can't seem to get the machine to turn the spindle on while it is moving from it's park position to the first operation. This is supposed to be possible but I havn't figured out yet.

Thanks for any input.

Similar Threads:
    ARB
    "That Will Be a dollar for the work and a dollar for knowing how" FB

Downloads
    Uploads

Arb,
    1)Check to see if setting #74 is also turned on.

Just a note: There is no way that I know of (and I stand corrected if someone knows how) to keep the spindle running on a Haas machine after a M02 Or M30. No way to put a programmed "hold" or "indefinite Dwell".

I have talked to Haas on several occasions about this.

The way we get around this is to install a small push button, hooked to the M21 outlet, on the machine. Then program a m21 code were you want the machine to "Hold" , say table addressed to change parts, then when ready push the small push button, to clear the m21 and carry on with the program.

2) I'm also not sure with your software level, ( but not sure without knowing your level) that the spindle will turn on with a move. I have a 93 software level 4.13 and it won't do this.
    I'm not sure at what version this is available.

Last edited by wms; 08-01-2003 at 12:18 AM.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New Here and have a couple of ??

Originally posted by ARB
    I have a 94 VF3 that i recently puchased for my home shop. There are a couple of things that I can't quite get to the bottom of.
    1.) When calling a macro with setting 75 on the machine refuses to go into single block mode. I am trying to get the machine to keep the spindle running at the end of a program to save time at the start of the next cyle.

I've done this using an M99 and a dwell, (which got removed as I got quicker at loading parts... shhh, don't tell OSHA) Call your program with a sub program, and loop it for as many parts as you're going to run, or the max loops, (99??).

2.) Along the same lines as a number 1 I can't seem to get the machine to turn the spindle on while it is moving from it's park position to the first operation. This is supposed to be possible but I havn't figured out yet.

Thanks for any input.
    Unless it's just for positional moves, I don't think this is a good idea, but have wanted it in the past. (If it did that the way I run parts these days, I'd have broken so many tools.. ) I don't know if HAAS will do it, post here if you figure it out please.

HTH

'Rekd

Downloads
    Uploads

Old post. Problem solved.

The key was using parameter 3003 to turn single block on and off.

also instead of a m30 I used a goto line to return to the top

with single block turned on:

n1 #3003=0
    #3003=1
    G0 do the work

goto1

works slick and keeps the spindle running.

ARB

ARB
    "That Will Be a dollar for the work and a dollar for knowing how" FB