Acceleration in G's for HF option in Mastercam

Thread: Acceleration in G's for HF option in Mastercam

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Acceleration in G's for HF option in Mastercam

Anybody tested their HAAS' to see how many G's it will wrap a corner at? (Basically cutting a (say 1.00" dia) circle at a slow feed for accuracy, then re-cut the same circle over and over at increased feeds to determine at what feed the machine can't repeat the path)

This data is used in the Mastercam High Feed option to generate optimized tool paths.

'Rekd

Similar Threads:
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fast Feed rates.

Running a program that I have ran on the Fadal, I found that in the corners of a retangular cutout, the corners were not as sharp. The mating part would not fit. Also feeds near or over 30 ipm would not hold size doing small arcs on a small part. The Haas default in zone before the next move is .050. To change this value you ether go into the machine parameter default value setting for this or use a G187 E word to change the value in a program. For my purposes a G61 does the trick. And then return the machine to G64 for drilling and tapping. But all milling operations on the Haas I use G61.

(The Fadal default mode is G9 equivalant to G61. The Fadal G8 is as to the G64. On the Haas Mill G64 milling mode is the default mode. If you want to force the G64 in zone value to be, lets say .010, then the in program code would be on the Haas: G187 E0.01. Again the value on the Haas mill is G187 E0.05 by default.)

Last edited by Paul_S; 07-26-2003 at 07:37 PM.
    Safety - Quality - Production.