HAAS HA5C3 on VF5 Issues

Thread: HAAS HA5C3 on VF5 Issues

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry HAAS HA5C3 on VF5 Issues

I'm hoping that someone on these forums is able to lend me their experience and wisdom with this issue.

We have what looks like a used HA5C3 (see attached photo) that is now in an HA5C2 configuration. This unit was last known to be working without issue on this very 2008 VF5 (running Software Version 16.03C) some time ago. Our problem is not being able to get it to function with the VF5 without throwing a 106 A SERVO ERROR TOO LARGE alarm, or making some not so good sounds. We've tried a number of different preset parameters such as HA5C, HA5CB, HA5CHDH, and HA5CSB with the same results. The servo motor of the rotary seems to be a YASKAWA SGM-08U2HA12.

In a nutshell:
    1) What model and year do I have? (See attached photo)
    2) Is this a brushed or brushless motor?
    3) What A axis parameters (43) do I need to set for this unit to work as it should on this 2008 VF5 (software ver 16).

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,
    Austin

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HAAS HA5C3 on VF5 Issues-ha5c3-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HAAS HA5C3 on VF5 Issues

From my understanding, this is a brushless servo and the parameter 43 settings should be as follows:

REV ENCODER - 1
    REV POWER - 1
    INV HOME SW - 1
    INV Z CH - 1
    NO I IN BRAK - 1
    LOW PASS+1X - 1
    OVER TEMP NC - 1
    CABLE TEST - 1
    SCALE FACT/X - 1
    BRUSH MOTOR - 1

All other parameters not listed are set to 0. Does this information seem right? Can anyone confirm this or provide their known working parameters?

Downloads
    Uploads

I was able to resolve this myself after more research and some trial and error.

The key parameters that I didn't have right were:
    EREV/MREV - 1
    BRUSH MOTOR - 0

Everything is now working on both my VF3 and VF5.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by EasterlingMachine View Post
    I'm hoping that someone on these forums is able to lend me their experience and wisdom with this issue.

We have what looks like a used HA5C3 (see attached photo) that is now in an HA5C2 configuration. This unit was last known to be working without issue on this very 2008 VF5 (running Software Version 16.03C) some time ago. Our problem is not being able to get it to function with the VF5 without throwing a 106 A SERVO ERROR TOO LARGE alarm, or making some not so good sounds. We've tried a number of different preset parameters such as HA5C, HA5CB, HA5CHDH, and HA5CSB with the same results. The servo motor of the rotary seems to be a YASKAWA SGM-08U2HA12.

In a nutshell:
    1) What model and year do I have? (See attached photo)
    2) Is this a brushed or brushless motor?
    3) What A axis parameters (43) do I need to set for this unit to work as it should on this 2008 VF5 (software ver 16).

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,
    Austin
    That is an AC Servo so brushless

Mactec54