Removing pockets from side mount tool holder for clearance - How involved of a task?

Thread: Removing pockets from side mount tool holder for clearance - How involved of a task?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Removing pockets from side mount tool holder for clearance - How involved of a task?

I am looking at purchasing a Haas DM-2 and my maximum height on my garage door opening is 85.50" ( this is my height after removing all wood trim )

I downloaded the 3d cad drawing for this machine and it looks like if I remove 5 of the individual tool pockets from the top of the side mount tool carousel the machine will squeeze in ( my plan would be to remove the leg bolts and lay down a piece of sheet metal to slide the machine across, till it gets inside the building and then deal with trying to get it jacked back up to get a pallet jack under it for finishing the move )

My question is can the tool pockets be removed while in the top position? ( I've highlighted the tools I want to remove in Yellow on the attached drawing )

The light yellow line reflects the height of my garage door opening.

The spindle head on the drawing in this drawing is not all the way down, so once it's moved all they way down to the bed it won't be an issue.

The other option would be to remove the whole side mount tool changer wheel, but I'm guessing that would be a pretty involved job ?

Thanks,

Kent

Removing pockets from side mount tool holder for clearance - How involved of a task?-haas-dm-2-jpg