Haas 4th Axis Diameter settings

Thread: Haas 4th Axis Diameter settings

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Haas 4th Axis Diameter settings

Hello All, first post here.
    Question: In our Haas mills, there is a 4th axis diameter setting to control the rotary speed of the 4th axis. It is a great feature that no other mills have, at least that I know of. It makes it very user friendly. I have several other mills in the shop that don't have this feature, and we always forget about it. I would like to set this setting from within my CNC program so the next time that it is set up, the operator doesn't come to me to ask why the cycle time is so long or short compared to the last time.
    I asked at our HFO, and after some search, they determined that it could not be set in the program. I have a hard time believing that it can't but I could not find the variable or the actual parameter, other than that setting 34.
    Thank you in advance for any help.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Haas 4th Axis Diameter settings

It's not perfect, but it could be.
    The whole thing only works when you start the program for the first time. A random number is assigned to each program.
    This is checked against a comparison parameter.
    If it is identical, the program continues as normal.
    If not, the random value is written to the comparison parameter and an error is output with the value for SETTING 34.

G103 P1
    # 1 = 19283746 (random number)
    IF [# 1 EQ # 199] GOTO 10
    # 199 = 19283746
    # 3000 = 1 (SETTING 34 = 1.25)
    N10 G103

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, thanks I think I see what you are doing. I see if this helps in our facility. It's worth a try.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNM1974 View Post
    Hello All, first post here.
    Question: In our Haas mills, there is a 4th axis diameter setting to control the rotary speed of the 4th axis. It is a great feature that no other mills have, at least that I know of. It makes it very user friendly. I have several other mills in the shop that don't have this feature, and we always forget about it. I would like to set this setting from within my CNC program so the next time that it is set up, the operator doesn't come to me to ask why the cycle time is so long or short compared to the last time.
    I asked at our HFO, and after some search, they determined that it could not be set in the program. I have a hard time believing that it can't but I could not find the variable or the actual parameter, other than that setting 34.
    Thank you in advance for any help.
    Hi,

We faced exactly the same problem. It is bit annoying to set parameter 34 each time 4th axis part changes. Have you found a solution how to set it via program/macro?

Br
    Kris

Downloads
    Uploads

with NGC read setting34 with #nn=#20034
    with pre NGC or older not possible