Good HAAS sales rep in SE wisconsin?

Thread: Good HAAS sales rep in SE wisconsin?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Good HAAS sales rep in SE wisconsin?

Is there a knowledgable sales rep for Haas in SE wisconsin who gets aggressive and sells machines?

I've been reading about various 5 axis options on the market. Got a fairly agressive quote from Ellison Doosan, but was buying for a hobby / build it and they will come type implementation here and that favors used or low cost equipment. The Ellison lineup dropped the DNM350, so there is nothing intermediate between the 200 and the DVF5000.

I talked to a haas inside sales guy and I got the impression his last job was at Polo at the johnson creek outlet mall selling shirts. He didn't understand why I was trying to know if the $5000 level 2 parameter key would allow me to change the spindle speed and rotary rapid setting. He essentially stopped talking to me and that made haas look like **** compared to all the other CNC brands I'm familiar with - Doosan/ellison, Okuma/morris, Methods, DMG Mori etc. He was telling me non-factual stuff like there are different gear boxes on the spindles when "Direct drive" means no gear box. he didn't know haas sold parameter edit keys.

The SS is rapiding rotaries at a relatively slow 30RPM. The UMC non SS model is an archaic 10 RPM or something. The 4 spindle options 8K,10K,12K,15K all appear to be the same spindle- they are all direct drive and all the same horsepower. So it stands to reason a parameter is changing the spindle speed.

I was trying to package a UMC500 with 30RPM rotary rapids, 15K spindle, and with features and conveyor for around 145K.

The haas is running 200-300% lower tolerances than the DVF-5000, and has 50ATC/not 60, ball linears, not roller bearing linears, no air-oil 18K spindle, no spindle chiller, no bearing cooling, no glass scales on X-Y-Z, so it's a lower quality machine. That's fine if I can get it for a price that makes sense, but I need a sales guy to be a professional to do it.

I guess I'm making a good case for the DVF-5000. Maybe I should just buy one and not bother to try to entertain Haas, but I'm wondering what I've done wrong in trying to actually make the Haas make sense for purchase?