TL2 Beeps for no reason

Thread: TL2 Beeps for no reason

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default TL2 Beeps for no reason

Hi Geoff, its been a while a question for lathe owners my TL2 with about 500hrs on it has two issues, first is that the spindle shuts down as soon as the spindle fan cuts in ...so I disconected the spindle fan ..and am about to pull the fan out and have it rebuilt..

The other is that the contoler beeps for no reason nothing happens just beeps every 10 secs or so sometimes double beep any Ideas anyone it drives me nuts yes I could disconect it but would rather not at this stage cheers Peter

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Hmmm...I'm curious what you find out. My 2004 VF-2 does exactly the same thing. I've looked at incoming as well as DC power with an oscilloscope. Nothing coincides with the beeping. It's just random and usually happens right after power up.

Now that I think about it: the machine has been running regularly for the past few days and it hasn't been doing it.

Greg

Downloads
    Uploads

The prodigal biker returns. Well over a year, you must have been having fun.

Can't help with beeps or finicky fan motor; so far neither of these have showed up on my machine.

An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Downloads
    Uploads

could be one of the buttons on the keypad if it has the rubber lifted buttons when they first came out they were very sensitive. you can disconnect the keypad and see if it goes away. the only other thing i can think of is the m fin signal if there is anything connected to it and is flaky it beeps when you close the m fin.

REYTECH Machine Service Corp. CNC repair NY, NJ
    http://www.reytechmachine.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guys , Serviceman whats the m fin and what could be conected to it ...Im a novice you see

Geoff yes having lots of fun with the three wheeler still not finished but nearly Im up to the wiring at the momment and struggling to make it really neat....Ill get there worst part is the Old back is giving trouble couple that with a leaky brain and its not a good combination Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by serviceman View Post
    could be one of the buttons on the keypad if it has the rubber lifted buttons when they first came out they were very sensitive.
    I thought that too but nothing appears on the screen, no characters, no mode changes, nothing. The control will just randomly beep. It's not a regular beeping either. It'll blip three or four times, be quiet for awhile, then one or two, then quiet, then more blips.

Would you still suspect the keypad?

Peter: does my description above kinda' represent what yours is doing? What year is your TL-2? I wonder if we have the same keypad.

Greg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes that about decribes it to a Tee, cheers Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Have either of you taken the back off the control and checked that the connectors to the keyboard are all tight? I had a problem with the jog wheel intermittently not working and this was resolved by unplugging all the connectors and then re-connecting them.

An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have never seen inside the control pendant. Mebbe' it's time to have a looksee.

Fortunately, I've been busy running both machines for the past few days. They're both warming up right now. Diagnostics will have to wait a few more days.

Greg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well I did as you suggested Geoff I took the back off the control pendant and pushed and poked all the terminals, I guess that the red and black wires from the circut board to the beeper could have been considered loose so anyway fiddled with it and put the cover on fired it up and played with EVERY button left it for half an hour and all seems to be ok thus far Ill keep you posted cheers Peter

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

Hey all well I used the lathe for a couple of hours the other day, well perhaps I used it for 30 mins but it was switch on for a couple of hours and NO beeps so Geoff it seems you were right thank mate take care Cheers Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but mine has been fine since I actually started using it again.

It sat, doing nothing for two years. I've added 10 'in cut' hours to it in the past 5 days. That's pretty good considering that's 25% of it's total cutting time.

I guess they don't like being left off.

Greg