Lathe Wear Offsets

Thread: Lathe Wear Offsets

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Lathe Wear Offsets

Are the wear offsets immediate, or only used by the controller on the tool change, or rest?

In other words, say you have to fine tune an insert while boring a hole before the finish pass.
    Can you feed hold the machine, use the jog away, measure the hole, then adjust wear offset, then continue, or do you have to reset, then start the program at the beginning of the boring cycle?

On my TL1, I can do run from here, and it will reload the offsets and go to where I left off. On the new ST15, run from here has been removed, you only have Joq Away Return, but I'm unsure if that will read any changes on the offset or wear tables.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Lathe Wear Offsets

Since nobody seems to know or take the time to answer, I would guess the only time tool offset are read and applied is when you tell it to with the T0101 or whatever tool is called. The reason the TL works is because run from here will read all the code before the highlighted section so if you make a offset adjustment, it will be called again before motions starts. Evidently, the Haas Jog Away continue doesn't do this, which make it pretty worthless if you're measuring and making corrections or changing an insert and need to zero the wear offset.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Lathe Wear Offsets

Put the T0101 offset call again in the finish pass section to force the adjusted offset take up.