NEED HELP: Haas ST-10 turret problems

Thread: NEED HELP: Haas ST-10 turret problems

Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation NEED HELP: Haas ST-10 turret problems

Hi All,

I am at an impasse and ready to call service. Not sure if they will help me over the phone and wondering if anyone has experienced this scenario.

I had a student rotate the turret with a boring bar hanging too far out the backside and struck the base while tool changing. This sent us into clamping alarms 125? 113? I was about half a hole off on the coolent nozzle. Turret would rotate but not clamp obviously. I looked up the coupling realignment procedure and proceded to strip the covers. We couldn't get past the M43 (unclamp) because of error messages about clamping. Long time later I was able to retract the turret and got it to unclamp. I was then able to rotate the coupling and realign the coolant hole. I finished the procedure and rehomed the machine with startup.

When the turret reaches the startup home location, unclamps to rotate I get a 113 alarm (failure to reach unclamp switches)Additionally, with a message that says "NO ZERO A" once I clear that alarm. Is this because of the switch or a parameters thing with misalignment of the A....I am assuming the A is the turret rotational axis? I do not have an A axis. Only two are available to activate, obviously X and Z.

Can someone help me solve this. Is it a matter of clamp sensor adjustment. I jusyt don't want to keep deepening the rabbit hole and get screwed up worse.

Thanks in advance.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Doberman44 View Post
    Hi All,

I am at an impasse and ready to call service. Not sure if they will help me over the phone and wondering if anyone has experienced this scenario.

I had a student rotate the turret with a boring bar hanging too far out the backside and struck the base while tool changing. This sent us into clamping alarms 125? 113? I was about half a hole off on the coolent nozzle. Turret would rotate but not clamp obviously. I looked up the coupling realignment procedure and proceded to strip the covers. We couldn't get past the M43 (unclamp) because of error messages about clamping. Long time later I was able to retract the turret and got it to unclamp. I was then able to rotate the coupling and realign the coolant hole. I finished the procedure and rehomed the machine with startup.

When the turret reaches the startup home location, unclamps to rotate I get a 113 alarm (failure to reach unclamp switches)Additionally, with a message that says "NO ZERO A" once I clear that alarm. Is this because of the switch or a parameters thing with misalignment of the A....I am assuming the A is the turret rotational axis? I do not have an A axis. Only two are available to activate, obviously X and Z.

Can someone help me solve this. Is it a matter of clamp sensor adjustment. I jusyt don't want to keep deepening the rabbit hole and get screwed up worse.

Thanks in advance.
    At X0 can you sweep the turret bore or a ground tool holder diameter from the spindle?

The indicator should show zero zero in the X plane and zero 90deg to it.

If not, you haven't fine adjusted the turret position.