Problem Venting - HFO troubles

Thread: Venting - HFO troubles

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Venting - HFO troubles

I am in the market for at least two new CNC lathes. I'd like to get a toolroom style and another ST-10Y or ST-20Y. The fellow who sold me my first ST-10Y told me to mention this to the HFO management, as this may make them deal with me more fairly over an ongoing service dispute. I don't really feel inclined to do so if the service I'm receiving now is what I can continue to expect from their company between machine tool purchases.

Basically one of my machines has been a bit of a bear from day one. Seems like each time the bearish issue is addressed, it comes down to incomplete assembly from the factory, bad parts from the factory, erroneous diagnostics, or damage caused by the techs. So, now that I got a big surprise bill after my most recent warranty service, I disputed it....because they're supposed to warrant work done by their techs for six months, as well as most parts that come from the factory. They agreed about the policy but said they were going to stick to requiring me to pay at least half the bill to cover parts....the same parts that would not have required replacement had the tech not damaged my machine.

I called Haas Automation to take advantage of their customer satisfaction policy to speak to an advocate. The receptionist hung up on me three times when I asked for the customer advocate, then she blocked my office number. I called on my mobile and got through to customer service. Customer service directed me to email them to initiate contact with the customer advocate. I did that and sent over a statement of my issue. I got a response from a customer advocate saying he'd call the HFO management to initiate an investigation into the matter. I heard nothing back. Roughly four weeks later I wrote another email to see what was going on. Nothing. Another two weeks later, I sent an email. No response.

When I called my sales rep, he said that service is a losing proposition for the company, so the HFO is quick to dump customer service for old accounts in favor of new accounts. I'm not sure I don't want to dump the brand altogether at this point. I've been Haas through and through for the last 10 years, but these recurrent battles are old. Basically since we can't see eye-to-eye, I'm now in the market for an independent Haas authorized lathe technician in the Midwest to deal with some small ongoing machine issues...also looking at expanding my lineup of Hyundai machine tools over going with another Haas.

If anyone has leads, I would really appreciate hearing those. Thank you.