Need Help! HELP 2001 Haas Mini Lathe Shutting down....

Thread: HELP 2001 Haas Mini Lathe Shutting down....

Default HELP 2001 Haas Mini Lathe Shutting down....

I bought a used mini lathe 2001 with very low hours. When I try to spin the spindle up to 3k or higher the machine suddenly shuts off and re boots. No alarm in the history! I ran #6 wires about 100 feet to the machine. So I think I'm good on wiring but acts like a brown out. Help please?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dpientak View Post
    I bought a used mini lathe 2001 with very low hours. When I try to spin the spindle up to 3k or higher the machine suddenly shuts off and re boots. No alarm in the history! I ran #6 wires about 100 feet to the machine. So I think I'm good on wiring but acts like a brown out. Help please?
    I'm having the same issue on my SL20 after recovering from a dead backup battery.

-John

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HELP 2001 Haas Mini Lathe Shutting down....

Quote Originally Posted by dpientak View Post
    You would have a 20% voltage drop over 100 Feet, what is the machine Name plate amp requirement this is what you have to have at the machine, a #6 is good for 55A, so you most likely are right on the edge of not enough supply Voltage when ramping up to full speed try going up very slowly small steps and see if it can get to max RPM

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HELP 2001 Haas Mini Lathe Shutting down....

Quote Originally Posted by John_Kay View Post
    I'm having the same issue on my SL20 after recovering from a dead backup battery.

-John
    That could be that a Parameter is not set correct after battery replacement, and could be the OPs problem also

Mactec54