Use Haas simulator on a full up mill?

Thread: Use Haas simulator on a full up mill?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Use Haas simulator on a full up mill?

Is is possible to use a Haas simulator as a mill? My university has a Haas mill that no one is really allowed to use "because no one knows how to use it". They also have a – their words, not mine – "useless Haas Simulator." I'm wondering if there's a way to attach stepper drivers to it and use it on a MPCNC or the like for training. Then, if the student doesn't bang up the cheap machine too much they can move to the 'professional' version.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Use Haas simulator on a full up mill?

Quote Originally Posted by Avaviel View Post
    My university has a Haas mill that no one is really allowed to use "because no one knows how to use it". They also have a – their words, not mine – "useless Haas Simulator."
    I like your Idea's.......Do you have a CAD/CAM system to Program the G Code needed to run the Haas or any sample G-Code? They could start with that side to get them interested maybe.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Use Haas simulator on a full up mill?

Great idea, but I don't think that's possible without some major hardware/software hacks on the simulator.

The reason ''no one knows how to use it'' is because no one cares enough to learn how. My Haas was delivered on a Friday morning and we were making chips with it Monday morning. Maybe it's time to get the machine running. Here's a good place to start https://academy.titansofcnc.com/ A free online course that takes you from zero to making chips in a couple of days. Step by step from CAD through CAM to making parts on a Haas.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA