Oring groove tool

Thread: Oring groove tool

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Oring groove tool

I have been searching for a .125 oring groove tool to tun an oring groove on some stock . does anyone have any suggestions or part numbers for the holders and inserts . all of the tooling places I have talked to had no idea and kept telling me I need an end mill .

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Oring groove tool

For a lathe, grooving tool, like a parting tool. or just use a 0.125 wide parting tool.

https://www.google.com/search?q=groo...w=1815&bih=952

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

I think what you are looking for is something like in the picture below. This one is made by Valenite. The problem with these is that they are only good for one diameter of groove because the support section must match the groove. This one is for about a 2.5" diameter groove.

Check with the major tool supplies like Valenite, but you might want to use a grooving tool with some taper on each side to clear after cutting.

Good luck------Mike

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Oring groove tool-20181207_090448_resized-jpg  
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Downloads
    Uploads

Found this image and it is a Sandvik.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Oring groove tool-z1snrvpcpex_-jpg  
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by billwann View Post
    I have been searching for a .125 oring groove tool to tun an oring groove on some stock . does anyone have any suggestions or part numbers for the holders and inserts . all of the tooling places I have talked to had no idea and kept telling me I need an end mill .

Thanks
    you need a new tooling vendor

and this thread needs more blueprints- with dimensions