Need Help! Haas SL30 turret problem

Thread: Haas SL30 turret problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Haas SL30 turret problem

Hi there,I recently had the turret face plate off an SL30 and have re-installed it. Right now it is in between turret positions and gives me alarms so I can't move it. Is there a way I can manually push the turret out and rotate it into the right position? Thanks,Kevin

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Haas SL30 turret problem

Are you familiar with using macros to do stuff in the machine? You can tell the machine to manually clamp and unclamp the turret. Unfortunately, I dont remember the numbers off the top of my head.

The process for aligning a turret is fairly intensive especially if you have never done it before. You need to find a maintenance manual that explains it step by step. The turret is actually A axis and needs to be unhidden. Then, you manually job the turret back and forth and read the encoder counts and center it so it locks right up to the coolant nipple.

This is very broad overview of it. I know 10x the amount of information about working on mills than the lathes. I have done alignments but its been a bunch of years...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawtaz View Post
    Are you familiar with using macros to do stuff in the machine? You can tell the machine to manually clamp and unclamp the turret. Unfortunately, I dont remember the numbers off the top of my head.

The process for aligning a turret is fairly intensive especially if you have never done it before. You need to find a maintenance manual that explains it step by step. The turret is actually A axis and needs to be unhidden. Then, you manually job the turret back and forth and read the encoder counts and center it so it locks right up to the coolant nipple.

This is very broad overview of it. I know 10x the amount of information about working on mills than the lathes. I have done alignments but its been a bunch of years...
    I'll have to get a hold of a manual for the machine and do some reading I guess. Thanks for the reply

Kevin

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Palmerston View Post
    I'll have to get a hold of a manual for the machine and do some reading I guess. Thanks for the reply

Kevin
    Give me the year of your machine. I have some maintenance manuals on CD, I will see if I can copy of few pages out of it and email it to you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Give me the year of your machine. I have some maintenance manuals on CD, I will see if I can copy of few pages out of it and email it to you.
    Sent you a PM with my info. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Kevin

Downloads
    Uploads

If you go onto the Haas website you can download manuals
    Also you can get the service procesures

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mbservice View Post
    If you go onto the Haas website you can download manuals
    Also you can get the service procesures
    That's great. Thank you

Downloads
    Uploads

I will have to second Haas website. I went and looked at the procedure on there and they have updated it since I last did one. The one on the website is a much better (easier) procedure than the original maintenance manual. The original procedure has changing parameters and settings by reading encoder counts which gets into hairy things since you have to run the machine without any electronic stops on it and you can crash the machine if you screw up.

If you still have problems, let me know and I will go ahead and send you the old procedure.