ST30SSY radial live tooling tool path question

Thread: ST30SSY radial live tooling tool path question

Downloads
    Uploads

Default ST30SSY radial live tooling tool path question

Hi All! I have a ST30SSY with live tooling and am pulling out what little hair I have left trying to figure out how to program this tool path. I need to make a bunch of these parts and only have a radial live tool available (the other 3 LT holders I have are used in this program) I simplified the model to show what I am trying to do. I need to machine a .025" radius on the edge that is highlighted. Seeing as I only have a radial live tool to work with I figure I could put a .025" round over bit in the open radial and park it at a Z coordinate and rotate the C axis while moving only the X axis to follow the ups and downs of the contour. I cant for the life of me figure out how to get my old cam program(camworks2013) to do a wrap feature like this. I've done wrapped pockets with it in the past but it doesn't seem to like this setup. So I'd like to take a whack at programming manually. Can someone point me the right direction? It would be only C rotation with X axis moves after the initial Z coordinate.