Haas ST20Y bar feeder questions

Thread: Haas ST20Y bar feeder questions

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Haas ST20Y bar feeder questions

Hello,

I am helping one of my contract accounts with there 2017 Haas ST20Y lathe. It has a bar feeder with it. I have never ran or set up a bar feeder before. I researched what I could about it it seams pretty basic to run and set up. I am just having issues with it correctly pushing the bars out and loading the next one to push the shorter bar out to where I need it.

In the video and pictures I have a 43" bar and 48" bar loaded. It will load one bar only and feed it but it won't load the next one and push the one in so it will reach the collet chuck. It shouldn't matter what length the bar are I would think. The bars are to short for just one of the to stick out of the collet. Is that the issue?

Here are the procedures I did.

3. Press [CURRENT COMMANDS].
    4. Press [PAGE DOWN] until you reach the Bar Feeder page.
    5. Enter the Part Length + Cutoff.
    6. Enter the Initial Push Length.
    7. Enter the Minimum Clamping Length.
    8. Press [MDI/DNC].
    9. Type G105 Q4 ; (Jog to Reference Position) and press [ENTER].
    10. Press [CYCLE START].The Bar Feeder loads the bar pushes it through the liner to within 4" (102 mm) of thecollet face. The workholding is unclamped.
    11. Press [RESET] and jog the end of the bar to the reference position. Clamp theworkholding.
    12. Press [MDI/DNC].
    13. Type G105 Q2 ; (Set Reference Position) and press [ENTER].
    14. The Bar Feeder is ready for operation. Your program should have the G105command at the end of the program.

Is there a Haas service phone# I can call or email them?

Thanks