New Machine Build AC Servo Motor Wiring on Thermo CRS F3 Help

Thread: AC Servo Motor Wiring on Thermo CRS F3 Help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default AC Servo Motor Wiring on Thermo CRS F3 Help

I am retro fitting a Thermo CRS F3 robot AC low voltage servo motors to other controls. I am confused about the wiring inside the no named motor as it could be halls or thermocouples or what. Please look at the picture and give me your best guess as to what it is. It is not the Encoder as it has Tamagawa encoders.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AC Servo Motor Wiring on Thermo CRS F3 Help-servo-motor-wiring-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: AC Servo Motor Wiring on Thermo CRS F3 Help

I'm gonna go with Halls. Normally wired with 5 wires. If it were a thermal, I would expect only 2 wires.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Downen,

The motors inside this robot are DC brushless servo motors (rated at about 70VDC) and the tamagawa encoder is a an absolute encoder (with unconventional output). The motor has 3 conductors for wiring (common with brushless motors) and 5 cables which are for hall sensor (+5V, Gnd, Hu, Hv and Hw). You can run this motor with halls in a trapezoidal mode. The encoder is little tricky, I do have the datasheet for the encoder.

Quote Originally Posted by harrysingh View Post
    Hi Downen,

The motors inside this robot are DC brushless servo motors (rated at about 70VDC) and the tamagawa encoder is a an absolute encoder (with unconventional output). The motor has 3 conductors for wiring (common with brushless motors) and 5 cables which are for hall sensor (+5V, Gnd, Hu, Hv and Hw). You can run this motor with halls in a trapezoidal mode. The encoder is little tricky, I do have the datasheet for the encoder.
    Harry,

Would you be willing to share the datasheet for the encoder with me? I am working on a similar project; retrofitting my Thermo CRS F3 Arm with a new control.

Thanks,
    Cam

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by schley8 View Post
    Harry,

Would you be willing to share the datasheet for the encoder with me? I am working on a similar project; retrofitting my Thermo CRS F3 Arm with a new control.

Thanks,
    Cam
    Yes I am back on this project and would also like to know if the servo Controls will work. Copley controls accelnet plus

new F3 arm owner here. I am also interested in any info on the encoders. My arm is working ok, but I don't have any software except what is in the C500C controller. If anyone has a copy of any of the CRS software's titles; CRS ActiveRobot, Robcomm3, or RAPL-3 . I would sure like a copy.
    without the software, I think I can still write programs, but it is very very tedious. I may end up scrubbing the OEM operating system and going to a newer control software unless I can get a copy of any of the above titles

any help is appreciated

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Tamagawa absolute encoders are a high speed all digital serial interface. A few manufacturers have AC servo drives that can interface with it, but I haven't seen a brushless DC drive with one.

thanks for the prompt reply. I am still going to try and work with the old system for a few more days before I really think about condemning the old OS and working on a whole new controller.
    you wouldn't happen to have a copy of any of the old CRS software I listed in the previous post, or know where I can get a copy. the company Thermo CRS has not been helpful at all on this.
    My other option is to try and learn how to run program through just the CROS (software?) that is installed on the C500C controller. So far all I can do is just move one axis one move at a time, and move to calibration position.

If anyone know how to program in the CROS terminal, I am very interested to learn.
    I have all the user guides, they are available on the net. I have a link if anyone is interested? Even just a sample of the correct syntax I need to make a simple string of moves or a move of multiple joints simultaneously.
    thanks for the info so far