Meshcam - multiple repetitive parts

Thread: Meshcam - multiple repetitive parts

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Meshcam - multiple repetitive parts

I'm new to the CAM process. Just bought a good hobby/light commercial CNC router which runs GRBL. The manufacturer recommended Easel software but it is cloud based. So far all I have managed to do it level the waste board.

I want to cut out multiple repetitive versions of 2D shapes in brass and I have been looking around for a good g-code generator and are trialing a couple. I like MeshCam but I can't see where it allows me to repeat the part and paths etc on 100's, maybe thousands of the same part in one run.

Is it able to do that ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Meshcam - multiple repetitive parts

I think you have two options; one is to incorporate as many iterations of the part as you need in the CAD program using the array function so that they may all be selected for the machining process.The other is to use multiple G54 values and to run the program for a single part after each one.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Meshcam - multiple repetitive parts

Thanks, is this an issue just with MeshCam or this this just how it needs to be done in all CAM software.