4D problem in Meshcam 6

Thread: 4D problem in Meshcam 6

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 4D problem in Meshcam 6

I can't seem to get Meshcam to create a multisided tool path from a 3D STL file. The image is clearly a true 3D model of a banister. I set the job type as "4 axis". It doesn't seem to matter how many sides or what angle I specify. The resultant tool path shows machining from 1 side only. Any ideas what is going wrong?

Allen

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 4D problem in Meshcam 6

It looks like I found the problem. The first time I ran Meshcam I probably missed a step and it really only created 1 position of Gcode. The multiple times I re-ran the software it did create multiple views but it does it in a very awkward way. The model has 2 tolls for each of the 8 views- 1 for roughing and 1 for finishing. The screwy Meshcam Gcode lays out roughing and finishing for each side sequentially, which made it appear on cursory inspection like it was ending after the first side. This results in 15 tool changes to do what could be done with 1 tool change if roughing of all sides were done followed by finishing of all sides! They way it creates the code one could just as easily do the indexing manually!

I went through the code and re-ordered the steps to do all roughing followed by all finishing (not an easy task). Unfortunately I won't be able to test the code for a week or so.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 4D problem in Meshcam 6

Allen,

What were the results of your test. Did it do a decent job?

B