Unexpected Results

Thread: Unexpected Results

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Unexpected Results

I am working on a carve that I thought should be fairly straight forward, but for some reason am not getting quite what I expected. Here’s a picture of the model, using MeshCam to generate the toolpath. And also a picture of what was carved. Ultimately it will result in the correct final product, but seems like it is working harder than it needs to. It makes two rings in the hole, one is the outer that will be the correct final product. I’m confused by the inner ring though. It seems like this is making a nicely finished inner piece, but that piece is actually just scrap, I only care about the hole. Is there maybe a setting that can get rid of that? Or an explanation as to why it happens? Seems like the overall carve should not take as long if it’s not making that inner ring. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!