Meshcam Art Input Settings?

Thread: Meshcam Art Input Settings?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Meshcam Art Input Settings?

Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I've been playing around with MC5 Art, and I'm not really getting much better definition than using the Rhino 5 Heightfield command, even with it's rather limited choices when running it.
    I've tried various size dimensions and different pixels/inch as well as different Z heights when converting different pieces of drawings and pictures, but I'm not seeing anywhere near the detail I'd like to see, and again, not really any better than Heightfield gives me.

So as a Meshcam 5 trial user (a few days left) who would like to buy the program to augment some of my design work, can someone point me to some tricks that you may have picked up over time to improve your conversions from drawings and things?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Using the standard image-to-heightmap function, Rhino, MeshCAM, and MeshCAM Art are identical. MeshCAM does have a nice smoothing function that helps a lot for some images but it's still a straight heightmap conversion.

Art adds additional functions that let you flatten the heightmap out and then rebuild it as a series of shapes from different regions of the image. In MeshCAM Art, these regions are selected by color. The help file has an Art Quickstart to show this functionality in detail.

Robert

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the direction, Robert. I'll find that Quickstart tutorial and check it out. Having additional controls over parts of the image makes sense and I expect it will get me closer to where I want to go.