Harig 6x12 hand feed grinder

Thread: Harig 6x12 hand feed grinder

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Harig 6x12 hand feed grinder

I want to replace my spindle bearings . I know don't do it .But I have a plan . Taking it apart no problem. Re-assembly will be done inside a large plastic bag . I will put the spindle shaft in the freezer over night . I will put a cleaned bearing cartridge in a plastic bag .in the sun .The Pre load is accomplished by wavy washers . The nut is tightened against a shoulder .I have been told that over 400 people have done it themselves .As long as I wear gloves, align the marks correctly keep everything super clean use lint free wipes .I should not have problem . My question is the original bearing are Barden's 205 dplx & 204h angular contact bearings class p7 . I would like to use Nachi 7205 cy dup4 same dimensions and are class 7 bearing for half the price. What I am looking for is anyone that has re-done a Haig spindle . Thank you all.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Harig 6x12 hand feed grinder-captureb-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gabedrummin View Post
    I want to replace my spindle bearings . I know don't do it .But I have a plan . Taking it apart no problem. Re-assembly will be done inside a large plastic bag . I will put the spindle shaft in the freezer over night . I will put a cleaned bearing cartridge in a plastic bag .in the sun .The Pre load is accomplished by wavy washers . The nut is tightened against a shoulder .I have been told that over 400 people have done it themselves .As long as I wear gloves, align the marks correctly keep everything super clean use lint free wipes .I should not have problem . My question is the original bearing are Barden's 205 dplx & 204h angular contact bearings class p7 . I would like to use Nachi 7205 cy dup4 same dimensions and are class 7 bearing for half the price. What I am looking for is anyone that has re-done a Haig spindle . Thank you all.
    Should be fine, keep everything super clean, wash the bearings out with acetone and use Kluber NBU15 high speed grease (if greased). Rule of thumb is to,1/3rd fill the bearings if you don't know how much.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Harig 6x12 hand feed grinder

I was thinking the bearings should be installed like this ?Harig 6x12 hand feed grinder-drawing3-model-jpg