new prototipe project

Thread: new prototipe project

Downloads
    Uploads

Default new prototipe project

Hello every one my name is Traian and i'm new to this site,would like some help with my project,i don't know if im in right forum.
    so my project will be double column surface grinder with gantry movement, and trying to use stepper motor nema 34 with planetary gearbox for driving all axis mach 3 with hand wheel i dont know if is possible to drive x axis automat as a grinder does.
    mybe not a good sistem to chose to dive a grinder i dont know if any other drive could use ,
    any idea any suggestions thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: new prototipe project

Is this a very large machine? For the X axis you may need a larger motor depending on how much mass you are moving. For the Y and Z axis NEMA 34 steppers should be OK.

I also am going to add CNC to my 618 surface grinder, and will be using NEMA 34 steppers, direct drive on all axis. But I think my machine is much smaller than yours.

You can run the X axis from G code with Mach3. I think you will need to hand write the G code, but it might be possible to use a facing routine generated from a CAM program. I would need to experiment with it a bit to figure out what works the best.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA