Newbie Need some advice / Regarding; Argon drivers.

Thread: Need some advice / Regarding; Argon drivers.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need some advice / Regarding; Argon drivers.

So it was suggested to me that i should look into the Granite devices and specificly the Argon drivers.

My plan is to use a HM77 Core i5 based 3.5inch industrial computer for a build.
    And i wanna run these 130mm frame, 1kW MIGE servo motors that seems to be upto par and not complete crap.

In the end the software used is gonna be LinuxCNC and some kind of MESA card. Its here where we start stumble and fall.
    So the nice thing with the argon drives is the ability to chain em together, and thus limiting the amount of cables used.

But after reading some, and some more and not really finding any clear suggestion on howto wire anything up with LinuxCNC i need to ask some questions.

1) What mesa card combo would be best to drive the Argon drives with, ( Will run 4of these )
    2) Would i be able to make use of the RJ45 daisy chaining?

The card combo suggested to me was 6i25+7i77 - but guessing i will need to connect each argon to that analog interface.
    Im thinking a 6i25+7i43+7i46 combination would give me SPI channel ability. But once again not sure if can use the daisy chaining.

.... Please help, i feel like i dumbfumbled me into a very dark corner..

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by NeoTech View Post
    So it was suggested to me that i should look into the Granite devices and specificly the Argon drivers.

My plan is to use a HM77 Core i5 based 3.5inch industrial computer for a build.
    And i wanna run these 130mm frame, 1kW MIGE servo motors that seems to be upto par and not complete crap.

In the end the software used is gonna be LinuxCNC and some kind of MESA card. Its here where we start stumble and fall.
    So the nice thing with the argon drives is the ability to chain em together, and thus limiting the amount of cables used.

But after reading some, and some more and not really finding any clear suggestion on howto wire anything up with LinuxCNC i need to ask some questions.

1) What mesa card combo would be best to drive the Argon drives with, ( Will run 4of these )
    2) Would i be able to make use of the RJ45 daisy chaining?

The card combo suggested to me was 6i25+7i77 - but guessing i will need to connect each argon to that analog interface.
    Im thinking a 6i25+7i43+7i46 combination would give me SPI channel ability. But once again not sure if can use the daisy chaining.

.... Please help, i feel like i dumbfumbled me into a very dark corner..
    5i25 or 6i25 with 7i76 or 7i77 will do just fine, depending on if you want to have the loop closed in Linuxcnc or just in the drives.
    I am using them with 7i77 so Linuxcnc has full control.
    You can not daisy chain them, that is only for rs485 communication, and that is causing me a lot of headache as soon as i power the drives it will loose communication. You will need shielded cat6 cables for that.