Need Help! UNEVEN PROFILE STONE POLISH

Thread: UNEVEN PROFILE STONE POLISH

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking UNEVEN PROFILE STONE POLISH

Hi there i'm really hoping someone has either had some experience with this or potentially has a fix or even some insight into this. I'm running an older CMS Concept213 CNC for mainly doing Sink cut outs and Edge polishing for standard Island styled Counter tops and on the edge that goes against the reference points the edge always seems to be far to sharp on the Top side and the opposite edge from the reference points the machine always seems to "Over polish" leaving a wavy line and comes in to far effectively meaning I have to cut the Counter top down and manually polish it. Just wondering if this could be because the vacuum pods are uneven in size or if it has to do with possibly the CNC bed becoming out of Level or even potentially something to do with the spindle. Any sort of information on this would be greatly appreciated
    Cheers!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: UNEVEN PROFILE STONE POLISH

Judging by your description, you do have a leveling problem somewhere. A dial indicator will help you find where exactly the problem is. Could be unleveled bed, could be uneven vacuum pods, could be uneven thickness or warping of the countertop itself.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: UNEVEN PROFILE STONE POLISH

We thought the uneven Stone thickness could of been the issue but have trialed Milling down the stone with a 90mm Stubbing wheel and gauged it all to the same thickness.
    Thanks for the input!