Feeds ans Rates on CNC with DSP controller

Thread: Feeds ans Rates on CNC with DSP controller

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Feeds ans Rates on CNC with DSP controller

hallo guys ,
    i am new in cnc world about 1 month
    i have cnc machine with dsp controller , trying cutting albond , acrylic and pvc..
    i have problems with acrylic (mostly 3mm thickness ) cutting . F.E. i have 4mm 1 flute end mill , i set 12500 rpm and 765 feed rate in vectric aspire , everything works fine with almond and pvc .
    but when i start cutting acrylic problems starts , if give to low workspeed from DSP controller it becomes gummy if high it brokes if something middle it jumping )))
    can anyone help me how solve this problem . i cant find anywhere what work speeds i should write in dsp

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Feeds ans Rates on CNC with DSP controller

For acrylic:

First: Use a cutter designed for it (single flute steep spiral) and run a single DoC at 20000-24000 RPM and about 1200 to 1500 mm/minute. Set the cut and RPM speeds in your G-Code and use the DSP speed reductions to find a good balance (between 60 to 90% works well for me).

Second: Try a single flute router bit (not end-mill) at about 12000-16000 RPM at about 900 to 1200 mm/min. Taking two passes at about 90% DoC then the final 10% helps clear the mess.

In both cases a compressed air stream into the cut makes a huge difference to cut and clean-up quality.

To help avoid the jumping up, try a down-cut cutter but you will really need the air blast to help clear the chips. Alternately, use a vacuum or some other hold-down method such as double-sided tape.

Other folks probably have some better ideas :-)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Feeds ans Rates on CNC with DSP controller

thank you for ur time its very helpful for me