My DIY Stone Bridge Saw - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My DIY Stone Bridge Saw

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: My DIY Stone Bridge Saw

vey good project. how many bucks spend for this. ı am asking because i want to build same your project. I havent got high money. wory about gantry design. I am engineer, working freecad 3d file my saw .
    ı need your help . Help me
    my email adress iamselcuk@gmail.com
    Thank you

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DennisCNC View Post
    Saw has been running almost every day since the build. Added a better remote control few days ago.Attachment 265176
    Very nice saw!

Can you tell me the manufacturer and model number of the new remote you have? I would like to add something like that to a saw I have. I recently moved and reconditioned a very OLD wire saw for cutting stone, it's like a huge band saw but for stone. It now uses diamond wire. I have it set up in my backyard at my house:

The main motor is a 3ph 575V 10 hp, that runs the wire, then a 3ph 240V 1hp motor for the up/down that uses a winch and cables. Both motors are controlled by VFD's. I have a simple control station, remote would be nice. Thought about CNC using the KFLOP board. I still need to build a carriage for the stone, to move it under the saw. That would give me a 3rd axis. Then I can start to think about CNC.

Great build on your saw, would like to see some video too if you get a chance. The original video you posted not longer exists.

Thanks!

Here's some pictures of mine.
    Saw:
    My DIY Stone Bridge Saw-saw_001-jpg

Simple control station, potentiometer's for controlling the speed of the wire and downfeed rate.
    My DIY Stone Bridge Saw-saw_motor_constrols_012-jpg

VFD and big ass surplus braking resistor for the main motor. With the braking resistor it stops the 5' wheel in about 2 seconds.
    .My DIY Stone Bridge Saw-vfd_braking_resistor_003-jpg

28"x72" cut granite:
    My DIY Stone Bridge Saw-cutstone_002-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Thats something to have in a back yard!

What is the granite used for? Decor or tombstones

Dennis

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DennisCNC View Post
    What is the granite used for? Decor or tombstones
    I got the saw from a memorial maker that went bankrupt. The new owners of the house/business wanted all the machinery gone... so originally the saw was used to make tombstones. I wanted one mostly so I could cut large stones for sculpture and for masonry. Mainly so I could do unique things around my place with stone.

Thanks for the link to the remote.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Dennis i have been reading your thread and it seems u did an impressive job building this machine. I am about to build a rotating tilt table and need some help
    with the rotating part of it. Can u help me with that ?

Downloads
    Uploads

I dont check the forum often but I can help. No problem.

Dennis

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi I just came across the DIY Bridgesaw I know it is many years ago but is there any possibility to purchase the design drawings for we would like to do the same for ourselves for the imported machines are just too expensive. Regards Gary South Africa

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's pretty impressive, not going to lie. I'm not handy enough to be able to DIY something like that, but I can clearly appreciate a well-done job. I've never used a mitter saw before in my life, or any such high power tools to be honest, but during quarantine I finally wanted to take on the project I had in my head for the past couple od years and that's a wood cabin the the back of my yard. I looked for the best 12 inch miter saw and although I had no idea that there are so many choices on the amrket I think I made the right one cause I had no problems whatsoever using it, even if I had no previous experience.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123