Stone machines???? anyone?

Thread: Stone machines???? anyone?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Stone machines???? anyone?

hi im a new guy here,, just wondering if we can get our own section for stone machines?

is there anyone else here that runs a stone machine?

i used to run a c.m.s. brembana (fanuc)

now im running a A.G.M. intermac 1500 open top and im looking for some help

because im a little miffed,,,,,,

anyway thanks and hope that some people respond to this

"seabee"

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Seabee,

There already is a forum here...

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161

Go to "forum home" then scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see it under Material Technology / Glass, Plastic and Stone.

It may not be specific to Stone, but its a start.

Carlo

Downloads
    Uploads

I run a brembanna 5-axis with ECS control, and 2 omag 3-axis with NUM control. Our company fabricates granite, marble, and limestone. We use Gibbscam for programming. We also have a Scantech laser scanner set up on the brembanna and use Carso for programming the scans. We have been running CNC machines since 1999.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi all,
    I am a new member here. Good to know this forum exists. A member by the name thoth and Egar Twins use an Egar CNC machine. I too use an
    EGAR 315. I have learned that EGAR does not process a standard G-code NC file but
    uses its own format of NC file. Problem: does the machine accept a standard G-code file. If not the only way would be to convert the standard G-code file into the format specific for EGAR. I do not think EGAR gives a manual on the programming for this specific file. Can anyone help or direct?

Koromias

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default stone cutting

im new here and to the stone cutting industry as well. my background is machining other materials - stainless, steel, aluminum, .........from a machinist background (familiar running mazak mills and lathes, okuma howa lathes, haas mills, milltronics mills). im learning to run an intermac s-10 mill in a local shop and have alot to learn about the machine , setting it up quickly, drawing - editing - machine programming . after creating the geometry, creating the cam program, and posting--- i asked the operator if we could look at the code generated by the software - actual look at the g and m codes in the file. operator wasn't sure if there was an editor on the stone cam. from my programming background , i don't have to much cad-cam experience (and i know the programs can get quite lengthy), but i thought that the programmer should be able to view the program before even going to the operators station to run. the operators there commonly never look at the code...and are confident the code generated will produce a good part...guess ill have to get used to that....

......anyone have stonecam.....that can help....do you use an editor ?...
    ive used plc editor at a past shop.
    ..... also where could i get a list of the g/m codes my machine uses ?

milford , delaware

troy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default cool

All of you are new like me! cool anyways I work with an EGAR 450n. At least I will very soon. It was installed a couple months ago, I was trained. And then I had to go polish in the shop for awhile while the other trainee ran the thing and set up all the tools. He messed up the tools badly and now I have to get back into machine mode. Cause he got fired Dizzy....

Chopshop-
    I agree that it is a serious change from cnc mills and lathes of old, not checking the code digit by digit, I felt fairly cozy that CAM could do the job. I'm not speaking from experience though. To be continued

Koromias-
    Sorry but I'm not sure about that one, please post more if this is a serious bug please.

machineoperator-
    My boss was going to get a Brembanna but went Bav instead. I've heard of this laser and we almost got to use the one they supply, but the trainer said the lasers have problems with the quartz in most granite deflecting the beam, so we sent it back. Should we get it back? What have you done about that issue?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

laser sucks

Downloads
    Uploads

Our laser does not suck. It is a 3D laser scanner for scanning 3D objects. You can scan a 3D object and create a tool path to reproduce that object. With the Carso software you can change the size, mirror, or reverse that object. We can make stone carvings from any 3D object, just lay it on the CNC table, scan it, make the program, and cut it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

10 years stone experience and 4 years CNC...I have worked with large numbers of both Bavellonis and Northwoods and think that both have admirable qualities that when combined would produce the ultimate stone processing CNC macining center. Bavelloni perfected the art of dynamic compensation,static measurement,perfect edges along with 3D relief ,a saw but a primitive CAD/Cam engine....Northwood said to hell with it :lets put a laser and pod layout system and a huge vacuum pump on the SOB and go as fast we can with ease of programming....but it all gets touche by hand and the quality is ok at best...if I could combine the two I would have it made

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Z. Bavelloni

Stone design here as well.

We have been using an EGAR 320-4 and have an experienced guy running it but I am the new guy trying to learn how to operate the CNC.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy So far...

Well I still have not ran the peice on the machine. Tomorrow I receive the new waterjet from Mitsubishi. Not sure which one yet.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Brembana speed 3

Hello
    I run a speed 3 and just got a coupling failure alarm. The book say's there is a m code to clear the alarm.... does anyone know what it is?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by smorrison1 View Post
    Hello
    I run a speed 3 and just got a coupling failure alarm. The book say's there is a m code to clear the alarm.... does anyone know what it is?
    hi to MDI type M month+day+100 and start.if not clear alarm in 24 hours machine is blocked

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Stone machines???? anyone?

Hello.
    Same problem here with brembana cms speed 3 stone machine & fanuc 21i-MB controller
    shows 489 alarm ( coupling failure ) and needs an M code to reset it.
    In reality coupling does not failed but this alarm generated due a mechanical maintanance because of some water leakage.
    M month+day+100 is works for osai controllers not fanuc.. what is the correct M code for fanuc ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Stone machines???? anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by mrsa View Post
    Hello.
    Same problem here with brembana cms speed 3 stone machine & fanuc 21i-MB controller
    shows 489 alarm ( coupling failure ) and needs an M code to reset it.
    In reality coupling does not failed but this alarm generated due a mechanical maintanance because of some water leakage.
    M month+day+100 is works for osai controllers not fanuc.. what is the correct M code for fanuc ?
    Hi mrsa,
    1) calculate month + day + 100
    2) Go into the MDI Mode, write eg. #1134=120
    3) restart