Bore Finish and Bore Rough in Gibbs

Thread: Bore Finish and Bore Rough in Gibbs

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bore Finish and Bore Rough in Gibbs

Hello,

Please excuse my ignorance here, but how are the Bore Finish and Bore Rough processes different? The setting parameters are all the same so why call it two different things?

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
    Steve

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bore Finish and Bore Rough in Gibbs

I got the answer from Gibbs:

The Rough Mill Bore generates toolpath as you would for a pocket with a roughing process, but starting from center of the bore. This type allows you to take multiple steps and set a Cut Width in the Bore tab.

The Finish Mill Bore generates toolpath as you would with a contour process, and differs from the rough style in that it will only take a single pass (excluding spring passes).

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bore Finish and Bore Rough in Gibbs

It is confusing, I have asked them to change the terminology of the two operations before with not much of a response. I quite often use finish mill bore cycle to rough a drilled or existing hole closer to size before finishing with a boring bar, and it will confuse a non gibbs user when they see the cycle say finish bore, even though essentially I am using it for roughing....... Once you know what both do though guess it doesn't matter.

Brandon L.