Need Help! Anyone using an Okuma MYW with Gibbscam?

Thread: Anyone using an Okuma MYW with Gibbscam?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Anyone using an Okuma MYW with Gibbscam?

I hoping to find someone that is using Gibbscam with an Okuma MYW lathe. I have purchased the post from Gibbs, but I am running into lots of issues. Currently Gibbs is backed up in the post department and hasn't gotten back to me. I went through this on another Okuma post and it required literally 19 post modifications. Unfortunately this base post appears to be much the same as that one. Long and short of it is that every new program is a red light festival.

Im not looking for a free post, my hope is that someone on here has a proven post that I can direct Gibbs to pull from their library and use as a baseline.

Thank you in advance!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone using an Okuma MYW with Gibbscam?

hi
    if you have purchased a post from gibbscam they are legally required to edit any changes you require as long as you are on maintenance

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by peaceandcalm View Post
    hi
    if you have purchased a post from gibbscam they are legally required to edit any changes you require as long as you are on maintenance
    Its not that they aren't willing. My goal is to find a better baseline post to start with. The post that was sent as a starting point will require extensive modifications. I'm just hoping to find someone who is using this combination and has a proven post that could be a better place to begin. Gibbs is willing to modify, it just costs a lot of time to go back and forth and find each issue. Issues are always found in the 11th hour of a hot project.....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am trying to program with the exact same machine and gibbscam post...NOTHING is going right. I can program in a generic post but not the LB3000ex space turn post....its pissing me off to no end

We just purchased a L2000e-my and have exact same issue. post send by Gibbs has so many bugs. if any of you have y axis lathe i would love to see your post output and direct gibbs as well..

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Asingh View Post
    We just purchased a L2000e-my and have exact same issue. post send by Gibbs has so many bugs. if any of you have y axis lathe i would love to see your post output and direct gibbs as well..

I'm replying to this post as a follow up. The short version is that we were finally able to drive post changes to the point that we now have 2 completely functional posts. 1 is set up for an MYW style machine and the second is for an MY machine. Both now allow us to post and run without any edits. I have to admit that this has been a very long process that required some out of the ordinary efforts, but in the end it is very functional. The base posts are now at revisions 28 and 32 if memory serves........not an easy road!

Downloads
    Uploads

You have more patience than I do. What I cannot get over is the reluctance of the Gibbs post writers to READ and FOLLOW the manual written by the manufacturer. I am on the 3rd revision to change the "sub spindle in" and the last 2 have been identical. Going on a month to have four lines of code output every time the "sub spindle in" is commanded. I sent them the manufactures programing manual section with examples, example hand coded program...... Post is still junk on the third try. I paid the big $$$ and am still editing by hand.

Downloads
    Uploads

hy bcm, congratulations postprocessors require a criptic approach, and my guess is that all you have achieved is a compatible postprocessor

there is a difference between a compatible and a dedicated : 1st one only moves the machine, while the 2nd one is moving it as it should

i can shave time from a program without messing with the cutting specs, and i can also do things that a postprocessor can't

if you wish for a top tier ( ctr, custom macros & cutting strategies, and also all those okuma spefics ), then go open-source / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bcm53 View Post
    I'm replying to this post as a follow up. The short version is that we were finally able to drive post changes to the point that we now have 2 completely functional posts. 1 is set up for an MYW style machine and the second is for an MY machine. Both now allow us to post and run without any edits. I have to admit that this has been a very long process that required some out of the ordinary efforts, but in the end it is very functional. The base posts are now at revisions 28 and 32 if memory serves........not an easy road!
    I know this is an old thread, but we are getting stuck on getting a post that works with our LB3000EX-II MY. Do you have any details I can give Gibbs that may help us get the one they already fixed for you?