Hello all, hopefully I'm in the right place. I've been a machinist for about 8 years but have very little experience with routers.

I'm looking at buying my first router and have found what seems to be a great deal on a Gerber sabre 408, the machine is currently not under power and the used machinery dealer knows basically nothing about it so I was planning a machmotion retrofit right away if the deal works out.
What I'm looking for is some advice on what to look for as far as the actual mechanical condition of the machine, it does come with an extra set of lead screws (doesn't say whether new or not). I've only seen this machine in pictures so far because it's at the other end of Ohio from me but I'd like to know what I can check for wear and whatnot before I make the drive to check it out. They have dropped the price several times on it so they have definitely been sitting on it for awhile, current price is $2500. And the machmotion retrofit is somewhere around $7500 from what their website said.
Also would like to know if it would be worth the hassle and cost versus just buying a new machine.
Thanks in advance