Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files. - Page 27

Page 27 of 363 FirstFirst ... 17242526272829303777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Golden Gate

Thanks for this Files

I am happy

Horst

Downloads
    Uploads

But the bridge column has two lines ...mixed up ..can some body clean it for rest of us..pls

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Golden Gate

Here the settled DXF files of the bridge

Horst

Last edited by Maccarly; 07-20-2008 at 12:36 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Horst..thank you very much...

Downloads
    Uploads

sorry... there are still duplicate lines..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Golden Gate

Hello user here the completely revised DXF files that golden gate wood 4 mm refuge

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.-golden_gate-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was wondering, I am trying out a few of the files in this thread and I have also seen mention of a link with all of the files in one place.

My thoughts are that most of the drawings need touching up (lines broken etc)and some have lines for the slots, some have actual slots and it takes a little mucking around to get working g-code.

What if they were standardised a little then re-posted on a separate thread, maybe a sticky as it is quite popular? The problem will then be cutter/job sizes. Maybe if a set of cutters is agreed upon then the drawings made to suit e.g. 3mm or 4mm (and whatever the imperial equivalent) should cover most of the jobs for a standard size, then one or two drawings done, cleaned up and posted...

It will be a huge job to get all of the files done, but if everybody that is interested in using them does one animal then it isn't so bad, after all most people will have to do some alteration to suit their own machine.

Any thoughts ?

Russell.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default cnc files

Russel

to say it would be a huge undertaking is an understatement... HA!... I was looking in my files and I have better than 60. some I have used, some not.

To try and standardize them would take hours for each file and then I'd have to hope you would like how I design files. It could be done, but getting everyone to work the files might be pretty hard. we also have people using routers. water jets, lazor, and plasma... each have their own needs.

but your idea is food for thought.

Erik

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone, I have cut a few of the dino models from this thread for my kids - they love them - and so does everyone else that sees them, this is the problem. I dont mind cutting a few for close freinds but everyone with kids wants them, too many to do them for free. Are these files/images copyrighted at all ??????, I am wanting to cut these but dont want to squash anyones toes so to speek if I sell them. Thanks in advance, Rob.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by robbec View Post
    Hello everyone, I have cut a few of the dino models from this thread for my kids - they love them - and so does everyone else that sees them, this is the problem. I dont mind cutting a few for close freinds but everyone with kids wants them, too many to do them for free. Are these files/images copyrighted at all ??????, I am wanting to cut these but dont want to squash anyones toes so to speek if I sell them. Thanks in advance, Rob.
    rob my GUESS is that they are all copyrighted. I see them being sold in the mall fairly often from import company's. if you look around most of them have been vectorized by guys like us for the fun of it. as far as selling them you'd want to look into it a bit. no sense spending any cash defending yourself from copyright gripes. that being said, most of us have help a friend out when asked

Erik

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My take on it is that if they have come from the low cost manufacturing countries, then someone has already copied them, I do not think that the Chinese or Indian etc branding that they are sold under have ever purchased the rights to sell them. I have seen so many different brands that these models are sold under that it isn't even clear who designed them in the first place. I would be VERY surprised to hear of someone getting in trouble for selling these. I have also seen them for around $2 each, that has to be hard to compete with too.

Shannon.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Actually you can buy them at harbor frieght for $1 at times. I saw them yesterday for $1.50 NOT ON SALE...hardly worth spending tools and electricity...Now if its fun and satisfaction of doing the project PRICELESS. One view is charge them for the labor if you want and give them the end result.

Just my $1 worth

Page 27 of 363 FirstFirst ... 17242526272829303777127 ... LastLast