centering vise for use with mdf spoilboard?

Thread: centering vise for use with mdf spoilboard?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default centering vise for use with mdf spoilboard?

I'm sure this is a common issue but I have not been able to find it in a year of searching.

I make laminated stocks of 5 boards glued together, forming a 3"x3"x48" stock. The problem is the width of the stock varies, sometimes its 3", others 3.5" as I'm planing and jointing rough sewn wood. Some projects call for wider pieces anyways.

I need to find the center of the stock as the cnc toolpaths originate around this centerline. The lamination patterns have to be centered. Is there a good centering vice I can use? The centering vices I've found so far don't have a great footprint for accurately attaching to an mdf spoilboard. The vice base needs to be 2.5" or less tall in the z axis.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: centering vise for use with mdf spoilboard?

Quote Originally Posted by KT88saturate View Post
    I'm sure this is a common issue but I have not been able to find it in a year of searching.

I make laminated stocks of 5 boards glued together, forming a 3"x3"x48" stock. The problem is the width of the stock varies, sometimes its 3", others 3.5" as I'm planing and jointing rough sewn wood. Some projects call for wider pieces anyways.

I need to find the center of the stock as the cnc toolpaths originate around this centerline. The lamination patterns have to be centered. Is there a good centering vice I can use? The centering vices I've found so far don't have a great footprint for accurately attaching to an mdf spoilboard. The vice base needs to be 2.5" or less tall in the z axis. dordle
    It is necessary for me to locate the center of the stock so that I may start the cnc toolpaths around this centerline. It is essential to ensure that the lamination patterns are centered. I need to center something; do you have a vice that will work for that? The centering vices that I have found so far do not have a base that is sufficiently big to enable them to be attached accurately to an MDF spoilboard. When measured along the z axis, the height of the vice base must be no more than 2.5 inches.