First 3D Carving Project on Hardwood

Thread: First 3D Carving Project on Hardwood

Downloads
    Uploads

Question First 3D Carving Project on Hardwood

This project turned out pretty good except for the artifacts seen in the photos. I used a 1/16" tapered bull nose. Did I set up the machine wrong or is this normal for hardwood (oak I think)?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First 3D Carving Project on Hardwood-20210810_113453-medium-jpg   First 3D Carving Project on Hardwood-20210809_171136-medium-jpg   First 3D Carving Project on Hardwood-20210810_113546-medium-jpg   First 3D Carving Project on Hardwood-20210810_113615-medium-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: First 3D Carving Project on Hardwood

I don't think you did anything wrong,any woodworker will tell you that some pieces of wood are more difficult to work than others of the same species.Its certainly not unusual to have to clean up a few fuzzy edges and a small,sharp chisel will almost certainly make short work of it.Its pretty clear that when you were cutting the fibres that didn't run into the relief sections that the corners were cleaner.

Just jumping in here. I am wondering if these are for personal use or sale - no need to answer that. I am a member of other forums, and many members who have created items such as this have had Harley Davidson (lawyers) contact them warning them to stop. Apparently they (HD) are very active in protecting their copyrights.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Choosing the right woodworking engraving machine can get twice the result with half the effort. Where to buy the best CNC wood router 2021? Stop looking elsewhere! FORSUN wood CNC router supplier has collected them for you here! These automatic wood carving CNC routers are great tools for woodworking project makers. Our machine selection includes affordable CNC wood router kits, mid-range CNC wood machines, and professional CNC wood CNC machine systems. If you’re stuck hesitating between machine models, feel free to contact us and know our CNC wood router reviews anytime! https://forsuncnc.com/cnc-wood-router/

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=jsthomps;2465566]This project turned out pretty good except for the artifacts seen in the photos. I used a 1/16" tapered bull nose. Did I set up the machine wrong or is this normal for hardwood (oak I think)?[/QUOTE

I do woodworking as a hobby and working with oak you tend to get fuzzys as I call them. But from what I understand with cnc if you go a little slower on the feed you will have less fuzzys. But that is using a palm router doing inlays by hand. I am just now starting out adding a cnc to my tools to do inlays and such since my hands shake a little since my stroke.