Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me out improving my workflow. I am cutting nested sheets with my cnc, using a portable 3hp dust collector with about 15 feet of 6 inches flexible hose. It does a decent job but sheets need a bit of cleaning after the job is done, compression bit leaves dust packed on the cut edges. Right now is quite messy so I am trying to find a way to keep things cleaner.

I have seen those tornado caps that you put on the tool holder it seems that works quite well. Have seen milled aluminium chinese ones for about $30 each, any experience with that?

Instead of using a shopvac to clean the sheet I was thinking in some sort of Y connector with a blast gate so I could have a manual hose to attached to the dust collector and manually switch to that once the job finishes. Does anyone have any similar setting? is the CFM greatly reduced by using this connector? I am worried that the Y connector will impact greatly on the performance on the dust collector system which right now is it just enough. Do you know a Y connector that allows switching between each line? I have seem ones with blast gates in each side but I was trying to find something that works with a single switching mechanism.

Many thanks!