Mirror the toolpath in Xilog CNC file

Thread: Mirror the toolpath in Xilog CNC file

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mirror the toolpath in Xilog CNC file

Hello,

Anybody know how we can mirror a Xilog toolpath in the NC code?
    I find a Mirror X and Mirror Y in the manual but I can't to use it. Any body can show a simple example?

Best Regards,

Tibi

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mirror the toolpath in Xilog CNC file

Hi Tibi,

From my experience with Xilog there isn't a way to mirror an program on xilog.

The best you can do is to automatically mirror a program depending of the machine field that you position the machine.For example my SCM TECH Z2 mirrors any program that is place of the right of the machine.

That configuration in done on the panel mac and is easy to do on x, y or both and on any field.

Once you turn on that option it mirrors all.

Yours Truly,

Cid Rodrigues

Downloads
    Uploads

Specular commands SX and SY will mirror toolpath. SX to mirror about X axis and SY about the Y axis. Look in the help for specifics because if you have arcs, you will likely need to change G2's to G3's and vica versa. You will also need to change tool correction I believe. The last issue is that if climb cutting, when you mirror, the tool will now be cutting conventional and vica versa. For some projects and materials this may not be acceptable. Using Xilog to mirror things is not the ideal way, but it can be done. Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads

Cid Rodrigues - Please keep in mind that the cutting direction will not be the same. If you're climb cutting in field A, then you will be cutting conventional in field B and vice versa. For some customers and/or materials this is an issue. You can set the field origins and how each field is 'indexed' by accessing the machine parameters. I believe you want the fields.cfg for starters. Anyway - just something to consider.